Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Action Centre and Windows update are not giving any notification

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Bushido1

Bushido1

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:32 AM

Hello,

I have had no Mail app notification via Action Centre for more than 3 months. I have tried many suggested solutions (reinstalling via Powershell, changing the settings of Mail and via Settings app) but none of them has worked. Mail app receives e-mails but Action Centre won't inform about it.

The same is with Windows Update. I have had no Windows Update notification since 03.01.2018 via Action Centre. On this day, updates were installed for the last time. Action Centre has not given any notification regarding Windows Update and Windows Update has not searched any updates too. I just searched manually and it found all the updates that Microsoft released during the last 3 months.

So, as I have no notifications from both of these software and I have not received no notifications from Action Centre at all, so I suspect that the problem is not Mail app nor Windows Update, instead Action Centre.

Can anyone come up with a efficient suggestions/solutions?

Best Regards,

Bushido1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 07 April 2018 - 12:31 PM

Can you open the Action Center by pressing the Windows key OS4o0pO.png and the A key?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Bushido1

Bushido1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2018 - 01:23 PM

Can you open the Action Center by pressing the Windows key OS4o0pO.png and the A key?

Yes, I can.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2018 - 01:52 PM

Are you using the Windows 10 Update Assistant to check for updates?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Bushido1

Bushido1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2018 - 04:14 PM

Are you using the Windows 10 Update Assistant to check for updates?

No, I am using "Start menu" ->"Settings" -> "Update & security" -> "Windows Update". That's how I checked updates manually last time.

#6 Bushido1

Bushido1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:28 PM

Any other suggestion, please?

#7 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,620 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:46 AM

Hi Bushido,

Regarding your Action Center, there is a chance the system icon is off. Let’s check:  Tap Windows icon start key -> click on Settings gear -> click Personalization -> scroll down click on Task bar -> scroll down to Notification area ->  click Turn system icons on or off -> scroll down and make sure Action Center button is on.

Are you looking for email notifications from Windows Mail or Outlook? Other members might be able to guide you with that as I do not use either of those apps. The best I can offer is for you to check your general notifications settings (you might have done this step before) Tap Windows icon start key -> click on Settings gear -> click System -> click Notifications & action -> check to see if Notifications button is on (every sender/app you are using, notification button will turn on (you can always adjust those after you see if your problem is resolved.)

Windows Update might need to be turned on to automatic in services. In your search box type Services then click on purple bar -> the Services window will open -> scroll down to Windows Update and right click -> click on properties -> in the General tab, check to see if the Startup type is automatic -> close the window.

I typically do a computer restart after making any changes. Let us know if you notice any changes.

#8 Bushido1

Bushido1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:43 AM

Hi softeyes,

thank you for your help.

I discovered that there is no apps nor software under the option "Settings gear -> System -> Notifications & action". There is a message "No sender has any messages yet."

Other suggested options I have already checked and these are fine.

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:23 AM

Which email client are your running.  Windows 10 built-in mail plan, Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, etc.

#10 Bushido1

Bushido1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:28 AM

i am using Windows 10 built-in mail plan called https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/mail-and-calendar/9wzdncrfhvqm.

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:55 AM

Have you tried running the Windows App Troubleshooter?

Does this problem persist if you change user accounts?

Are you allowing other apps to access Mail?  To view this press the Windows key OS4o0pO.png and the I key to open Settings.

Select Privacy, then click Email.

#12 Bushido1

Bushido1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:41 AM

The Windows App Troubleshooter gave me the following error: "Attached File  5.jpg   7.15KB   2 downloads". It is fine as I have disabled it purposely.
Yes, this problem persist if I change user accounts.
"Settings" -> "Privacy" -> "Email" includes only app "People" and the access to E-mail is allowed.

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2018 - 08:39 AM

Please enable the troubleshooter and run it and post the results.

#14 Bushido1

Bushido1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:17 AM

Do you mean that I should enable the Windows App Troubleshooter or other troubleshooter?

#15 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:36 AM

The Windows App Troubleshooter gave me the following error: "attachicon.gif5.jpg". It is fine as I have disabled it purposely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users