Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Concerned about 3 exe files.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GoldenK

GoldenK

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:18 PM

Hello,

I have a little concern about 3 files that have had some usage of my bandwidth,

I have had to clean my laptop a while ago with malware bytes cleaner, but my computer has still some weird things happening,

Crashing and a few months back a few of my restore points were deleted.

I have downloaded Glasswire to see my bandwidth usage and have checked a few files with the Glasswire, which redirected me to virustotal and I have had a warning showing on a few files.

How would I check if I have any the following files infected/tempered with:

*video.ui.exe

*microsoft.photos.exe

*google installed

Thanks in advance,

GoldenK

Edited by hamluis, 05 April 2018 - 02:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,766 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 08 April 2018 - 07:29 AM

If VirusTotal results show one or two file detections as malware, then it is likely a false positive. The consensus among most experts is that if 90% of the results indicate a file submission is clean, then you can disregard the other detection(s) as false.

VirusTotal, a subsidiary of Google, is a free online service that analyzes files and URLs enabling the identification of viruses, worms, trojans and other kinds of malicious content detected by antivirus engines and website scanners. At the same time, it may be used as a means to detect false positives, i.e. innocuous resources detected as malicious by one or more scanners...VirusTotal...a tool that checks suspicious samples with several antivirus solutions and helps antivirus labs by forwarding them the malware they fail to detect...Very often antivirus solutions and URL scanners will produce false positives...VirusTotal simply acts as an information aggregator and cannot and will not be held responsible for these false positives. VirusTotal will not whitelist any files or URLs and will not remove any detections resulting from the normal operation of the products it makes use off. False positives should be dealt with the developer/company that offers the product generating the erroneous detection...VirusTotal's antivirus engines are commandline versions, so depending on the product, they will not behave exactly the same as the desktop versions...

About VirusTotal
VirusTotal FAQs

You can also get another opinion, by submitting files to one of the other online services that analyzes suspicious files.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users