Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Opinions needed plz

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 bruinator

bruinator

• Members
  • 549 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:37 PM

Hi,

I was in an accident today and I am Hoping to get some opinions as to who was at fault. I drew a pic of it that I am attaching here

https://imgur.com/a/iyDly

Your opinions are welcomed. If you have any questions plz ask.

Thx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,738 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:48 PM

Any stop signs around?

How far was car #2 from the corner before you made that turn?

Edited by Bezukhov, 04 April 2018 - 07:49 PM.

To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#3 bruinator

bruinator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 549 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:28 PM

Any stop signs around?

How far was car #2 from the corner before you made that turn?

Stop sign was present on my street which i came to a complete stop as i was waiting for other cars to go by before there was an opening for me to go.

There was enough time for him to stop instead of trying to speed up and to go before me.  thx

#4 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,721 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:28 PM

Hi

If you were car 1 then you were at fault,  you failed to give way at a T intersection. Car 2 had the right of way.

#5 bruinator

bruinator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 549 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:33 PM

Hi

If you were car 1 then you were at fault,  you failed to give way at a T intersection. Car 2 had the right of way.

I appreciate your opinion and my opinion is he had enough time to stop and was driving too aggressive and go ahead of me.  :)  thx

#6 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,721 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:39 PM

I appreciate your opinion and my opinion is he had enough time to stop and was driving too aggressive and go ahead of me

I know what you mean but you were coming out of a side road the other driver could have been doing 100 mph or 3 mph , In Australia you would be fined for failing to give way and negligent driving.

Quick fact.

In Australia if you rear end somebody it is always your fault because you ran into them even if they break for no reason locking up all 4 wheels its still your fault because you were not following the car in front at a safe distance.

#7 bruinator

bruinator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 549 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:13 PM

I appreciate your opinion and my opinion is he had enough time to stop and was driving too aggressive and go ahead of me

I know what you mean but you were coming out of a side road the other driver could have been doing 100 mph or 3 mph , In Australia you would be fined for failing to give way and negligent driving.

Quick fact.

In Australia if you rear end somebody it is always your fault because you ran into them even if they break for no reason locking up all 4 wheels its still your fault because you were not following the car in front at a safe distance.

How can I rear end someone if we were going two different ways? Im sorry i do not understand. There were other cars behind him that stopped as i was coming out just not him, he had enough time to stop. He either was not paying attention and looking at something else or he was purposely went in the other lane bypassing double yellow lines (which is illegal according to a cop, trying to get in front  to pass me coz he was in a rush.

ps..sorry i see u were giving an example. I will say a cop showed up and fined neither of us.

Edited by bruinator, 04 April 2018 - 09:34 PM.

#8 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,738 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:45 PM

How can I rear end someone if we were going two different ways? Im sorry i do not understand. There were other cars behind him that stopped as i was coming out just not him, he had enough time to stop. He either was not paying attention and looking at something else or he was purposely went in the other lane bypassing double yellow lines (which is illegal according to a cop, trying to get in front  to pass me coz he was in a rush.
ps..sorry i see u were giving an example. I will say a cop showed up and fined neither of us.

Where was the other car hit? Right side front or right side rear? Can't tell from your drawing. I ask because around here, (Rhode Island) if you hit someone on the front side blame is harder to determine than if you hit someone on the rear side, if you can picture that.
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#9 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,620 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 04 April 2018 - 10:03 PM

Hi bruinator,

First and foremost, I pray that you did not incur any injury from this accident?

Ugh...to determine who was at fault sure can become tricky, especially when insurance companies are involved!  :warrior:  @Bezukov asked if there were any stop signs, there are so many variables missing from your drawing (i.e. 2 way stop 4 way stop?) On top of that, since we don't know what USA state or country you live in, speculation can be what TV shows are made of!  :clapping:

Here's a great link to determine what USA state traffic law would apply to where you live (again, if in the USA)

http://traffic.findlaw.com/traffic-tickets/state-traffic-laws.html

If you're comfortable sharing more details, feedback will come easier. I want you to be right!!!

#10 bruinator

bruinator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 549 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2018 - 10:13 PM

Where was the other car hit? Right side front or right side rear? Can't tell from your drawing. I ask because around here, (Rhode Island) if you hit someone on the front side blame is harder to determine than if you hit someone on the rear side, if you can picture that.

As he was going around to bypass me it caused me to hit him on the passenger rear door side of his car with the front end of mine.

ps...everyone is fine from both car. thx for asking. :)

Edited by bruinator, 04 April 2018 - 10:47 PM.

#11 bruinator

bruinator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 549 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2018 - 10:32 PM

Hi bruinator,

First and foremost, I pray that you did not incur any injury from this accident?

Ugh...to determine who was at fault sure can become tricky, especially when insurance companies are involved!  :warrior:  @Bezukov asked if there were any stop signs, there are so many variables missing from your drawing (i.e. 2 way stop 4 way stop?) On top of that, since we don't know what USA state or country you live in, speculation can be what TV shows are made of!  :clapping:

Here's a great link to determine what USA state traffic law would apply to where you live (again, if in the USA)

http://traffic.findlaw.com/traffic-tickets/state-traffic-laws.html

If you're comfortable sharing more details, feedback will come easier. I want you to be right!!!

Sure i live outside of boston, ma. There is one stop sign at the end of my street in which i came to a complete stop with ample time to pull out until he sped up so he could go 1st. I have a witness which can verify this. Any other questions, feel free to ask. thx so much.

#12 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,886 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:38 AM

Failure to yield.  You "assume" he had time to slow or stop to avoid hitting you.  He tried to avoid you in any way he could but you kept coming.  I hate it when others put my life in the balance over anothers failure to follow common rules of the road.  Remain at any stop sign until you can do so safely  and exit "without stopping" .  Safely means not  putting others in danger by a inconsiderate action  Yield, or stop means WAIT until it is safe...Not forcing others to brake or change lanes to avoid a collision when you enter unsafely.   Merge does not mean stop unless the traffic you wish to merge with is stopped   Merge means match speeds with vehicles already in the traffic lanes, not run up to the end of the full lane and stop.  Merge means match speeds with existing vehicles and take turns fitting together.  Common sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users