Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is Microsoft Trying to Scam Me?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SupermanPrime

SupermanPrime

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 04 April 2018 - 04:18 PM

Hi! I am using Windows 10 Home, and I posess a digital license. I recently reinstalled and I thought it would activate automatically (as it did many times), but it didn't. I tried troubleshooting the thing, and I get this message:

"We found a Windows 10 Home digital license for this device running Windows 10 Home. To activate this digital license, you need to install Windows 10 Home."

Is this just a prank?

Courage is fear trying to hold on a minute longer. We all need to find that extra minute inside ourselves if we're going to make it through this crisis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,301 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 04 April 2018 - 04:27 PM

See the below Microsoft thread. It provides a link to contact a Microsoft Agent who will help reactivate Windows 10.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/having-a-problem-activating-windows-10-after/510ec65e-7802-4f83-b5a5-b681cb3463e3

Edited by JohnC_21, 04 April 2018 - 04:27 PM.

#3 SupermanPrime

SupermanPrime
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:24 PM

Ok I'll try the Windows support. I always seem to find that there are no live people to help me out. Always the bot and then the "ask the community" crap.

Thank you JohnC.

Courage is fear trying to hold on a minute longer. We all need to find that extra minute inside ourselves if we're going to make it through this crisis.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,301 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:30 PM

If that link does not work then try the below number and wait for a live person.

(888) 571-2048

#5 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:35 PM

First make sure that you are actually running Windows 10 Home instead of Pro.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#6 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 737 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:39 PM

Hi, you will find they are quite helpful, your error is usually caused by the system failing to licence verify (a registry glitch)  they will take control of your machine and run some cmd's. The second last cmd will input the new key (be quick and copy it down, for your records). You will need to listen carefully as the responder will be Indian with a hard to understand English accent.

Edited by jenae, 04 April 2018 - 06:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users