Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8.1 USB Tethering Problem!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kiranchavan

kiranchavan

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 04 April 2018 - 12:02 PM

Hey i have recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 and as a habit i have been always using USB Tethering to access Data! So i have encountered this problem on windows 8. The problem is that whenever i use USB Tethering or I turn on USB Tethering i actually get fast internet but after surfing for time or using access DATA in few seconds i get a exclamation mark on the Network Signal which actually says the name of the network and below there is a caption named LIMITED   . My Mobile internet is turned on and the error is as said! I am frustrated because of this I am not able to download files from the internet and actually surf smoothly! So please help ma and if you need further details please reply me i will fill your needs!

PS: I use wifi in my mobile and connect it through USB to my PC !

: I don't use WiFi because i don't have a WiFi adapter !

: I use my neighbor's WiFi so i don't have access to the LAN  

: I am a school boy and i love to CODE!

: I have also tried updating t Remote NDIS driver by going to Device manager and it works to just  enable the USB Tethering again but it gets same error even after using lot of data in seconds.

: I also try removing the cable from my mobile and plugging it again and it works but after some usage of data it gets the same error.

THANKS,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:25 PM

First of all, do you have your neighbour's permission to use his wifi ?

It sounds like they may be on a metered/limited connection and you are runnng up against his data limits.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 kiranchavan

kiranchavan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:39 PM

No! I have there permissions and I check the 192.168.0.1 in my website and I am not on that line!

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,875 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:03 PM

Your simplest solution since you have pernission to use your neighbour's wifi is to buy a USB wifi dongle for your computer. These are very effective and cheap, $US10 and up and they just plug into any spare USB socket, USB 2 .0 is fine. That's what I use in my desktop and it would give you a direct computer to router connection, no need to involve your phone.

Chris Cosgrove

#5 kiranchavan

kiranchavan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:16 PM

Yes bro I am going to bring it today! I just wanted to ask whether does that have any system requirements? Or it works in all computers

#6 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,875 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:16 PM

Some work straight out of the box, in other words Windows contains the necessary drivers. Others you need to get the maker's drivers. Sometimes these come on a disc with it, other times you have to go the maker's website to download them.

My general experience with dongles where you need to get the drivers is that you get the drivers and start the install before you connect the dongle and you get told when to insert it into a USB slot. This means you may have to use your present method of connecting to the net before you can use your nice shiny new dongle !

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users