Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ad-aware Freezing At Certain Point

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Amphex

Amphex

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 05 October 2006 - 12:27 AM

My computer is becoming swarmed in spyware, ads, hijacked Google search results, etc. I've used Ad-Aware for some time now and it's done a great job at getting the spyware at bay, and if I see any signs of any new one's, I use the program again to rid myself of them. Everytime I've used Ad-Aware it's worked fine. Now though, it just freezes up when it get's to this point while scanning:

Posted Image

I've tried rebooting my computer and reinstalling the program, but neither have worked. Also, I use Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 05 October 2006 - 07:40 AM

Have you tried running Ad-Aware in Safe Mode?
How to start Windows in Safe Mode
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,769 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 05 October 2006 - 07:49 AM

You might also want to review the following pinned topics at Lavasoft Support Forums > FAQ's > Ad-Aware SE:
Why does Ad-Aware freeze during a scan?
Ad-Aware becomes unresponsive during a file system scan
During An Ad-aware Scan, My Computer Restarts

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users