Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange situation win 8.1 Blue screens

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 999Przemek

999Przemek

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:11 AM

Hello,

Yesterday I noted that all my video players have only top left corner visible (rest was green), I installed K like codecs Mega version. From that time my laptop started to restart randomly or gave blue screens. Uninstalling the codecs did not help. First blue screen: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (dxgmm1.sys). I decided to back-up the system, but it did not change much. From time to time I get resets or blue screens (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA) and idk what to do with this. I have made antivirus scans (MBAM, Avast, etc.) and they've found nothing.

Neccesary stuff attached.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/r0SICwxcj7GYe3xPVsPocgF

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,029 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:00 PM

Can use System Restore to roll back? The dumps are quite messy (no symbols for one of them!) and inconclusive.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 999Przemek

999Przemek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2018 - 03:34 AM

I'll repeat the story again as by back up I meant restore :P Sry English is my second lang (u probably saw some polish words in the zip file).

So:

Few days ago I noted that all my video players have only top left corner visible (rest was green), I installed K like codecs Mega version. From that time my laptop started to restart randomly or gave blue screens. Uninstalling the codecs did not help. First blue screen: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (dxgmm1.sys). I decided to do system restore, but it did not change much. From time to time I get resets or blue screens (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - all of these only once) and idk what to do with this. I have made antivirus scans (MBAM, Avast, etc.) and they've found nothing.

UPDATE: I don't get blue screens any more. The laptop restarts ONLY after long break from being turned off (but still plugged in to power supply) shortly after the desktop shows up (Kernel-power id 41 category 63). It does not happen when I turn it off manually and on. I did it 3 times and no reset. So today to see if it's problem with power (electricity), after typing my password to log in I plugged in my battery and MY PC GOT BLUE SCREEN instantly (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION). So now I am thinking it is related to power or power supply.

#4 999Przemek

999Przemek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2018 - 04:25 AM

Problem solved, bad RAM card that I bought 2 months ago. One interesing thing is that what did it had to do with installing codecs? or is it just random "coincidence" that after installing them my RAM felt sick? :P

#5 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,029 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:32 AM

Likely a coincidence. :) Sorry for disappearing, I was inundated with logs (and personal stuff!) and forgot to reply to your topic after viewing it.

Edited by bwv848, 09 April 2018 - 08:32 AM.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users