Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell or Hell ????????

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sabchok

Sabchok

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 04 April 2018 - 02:23 AM

My laptops motherboard (CN-0HNR2M) works not correctly..
when i push the switch button,it starts working,but after 30 seconds it shuts down automatically..than i disbanded it and used new thermo paste on CPU,and the thermo pillow on GPU,north and south bridge chipset.but nothing has changed...i cut off the yellow cable of CPU FAN for working on the highest speed,but GPU is still HOT,and the laptop shuts down like emergency....I think there is some kind of problem of any little resistor,or condesatore and GPU gets so high voltage and that's why it gets HOT (between 70-85 celsius ) ..
So what can i to do ? 
thanks a lot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:57 AM

Has the bios been modified?  Is the problem the same on both battery and plugged in?

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,235 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:09 AM

Just did a search on the board, this is a common problem with the board.

This vendor has a fix would be worth looking into.  The companies rating is quite high check it out.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Express-Exchange-Service-DELL-Inspiron-M5010-CN-0HNR2M-HNR2M-AMD-MOTHERBOARD-/322667605285

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#4 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,482 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:11 AM

...i cut off the yellow cable of CPU FAN for working on the highest speed,but GPU is still HOT,and the laptop shuts down like emergency....

Cutting wires thinking that is a solution isn't a good idea.

How old is the computer if 5 years or older best solution is to replace imo.

OldPhil post # 3 perhaps has found the problem and solution although depending on age of laptop whether or not worth the cost.

Edited by The-Toolman, 04 April 2018 - 07:17 AM.

I'm grumpy because I can be not because I'm old.

The world is what you make of it, if it doesn't fit, you make alterations.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

#5 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 949 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:42 AM

Once the board has overheated seriously once, the damage is virtually irreparable and either the board or the laptop needs to be replaced.  If you do it, reconnect that wire and clean it out at least once a year!

$90.00 to buy or $140 to have upgraded parts:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=dell+hnr2m&_sacat=0

Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users