Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pleasure to be here

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 VonHazze

VonHazze

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:18 PM

Hello

I go by VonHazze and this is my first day as part of the Bleeping Computer community. I'm in my 40s and am just peeking my interest in computers and related technologies. I know how to use a computer but not operate it nor navigate the web safely yet, thus I found my way here though suggestions by my brother and best friend.

I am hoping to learn how to safely get the most out of my interaction with my laptop computer. I am grateful that this site and community is available to us all. Thank you for all the work you do for all of us, it's greatly appreciated. Not sure how well or often I will contribute here but I will do my best to be of value to this community.

Today I am here trying to find a firewall for my laptop. It came with a free trial for McAfee but now my subscription has ended and I am left without a firewall to protect my system. I have great faith that I will find a replacement here that will protect my navigation and wanderings through this technological maze. Thank you for allowing me to be here, it's my pleasure for sure.

VonHazze

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,912 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:30 PM

Welcome to BC !

With regard to your firewall search - and not having one operational is not advised - see the BC section on the topic -

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/222/firewall-software-and-hardware/

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users