Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 BSOD, Recent installation, new hardware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hornicorn

Hornicorn

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 03 April 2018 - 02:01 PM

Hi

I'm getting frequent BSODs while gaming (often after an hour or two) on my updated build.

I recently installed a new motherboard, new CPU and new RAM. I also reformated all disks and reinstalled Windows 10.

Most frequent is - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

I have looked through the dumps with Whocrashed, but it's not able to give me any information other than a possible driver crashing, with no help to pointing out the culprit.

I have also had trouble with windows update failing to install some updates, and aborting/uninstalling them again at attempted restart.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/hxepDtnLD0CYSFhTcD80EEo

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hornicorn

Hornicorn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:59 AM

Update.

After numerous failed attempts to succesfully install the latest windows update I suspected my Windows might have been corrupted. I reinstalled Windows, succesfully installed latest updates, updated main drivers and so far everything seems to be working. I let the game that I most frequently got BSODs in run for almost 24 hours as a test, and no crashes has happened so far. (Usually it would happen after an hour at least).

I'll be reinstalling other things like Oculus, VorpX and other drivers over time, to see if new problems start when they are present.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users