Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Randomly restarting when playing games. (Already tried everything)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SOOCM

SOOCM

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 03 April 2018 - 09:50 AM

Ive been trying to fix this issue for 4 months now, my pc is randomly restarting when i play video games, and its usually when the gpu goes over the temperature of 60C, i stress tested the gpu alone with it going up to 65C with no issues, i checked the vram itself as well as the ram slots on the mobo, since the bugcheckcode for the event viewer gave me #26, but now it gives me nothing, everything is 0. Checked every ram stick individually, 2 days of memtestx86. I bought a new PSU, the Evga 650W G3, still restarting though. Everything in the PC is Less than 1 year old, with some parts being just a few months old for example my cpu, psu, and cooler. I suspected it was the CPU, and ill go way back on this one. I used to play Dark souls 3, and one day out of nowhere, my pc started restarting on the highest settings of dark souls. GPU went up to 70C and *restart*, but this used to be when i still had my old cpu i5 6500 and it went on and on, and suddenly out of nowhere just stopped, got my new one on black friday i7 7700k, and it started doing it again a month later. Also i have to mention that ive had the problem where my display alone just crashed, with the game sounds still going in the background eventually coming to a stop, ive had that a few times on arma and miscreated, which is a gpu issue. 

My CPU was also stress tested reaching up to 70C and my pc never restarted.

Also Checked the debug pattern on the mobo, everything flashed, until the last one, stopped for 5 secs and went on with the pc booting up.

I dont know what to do anymore, but i am sure as hell ready to throw this pc in the garbage.

Specs:

Asus RX 470

Crucial 2400 2x 4gb

i7 7700k 

GB H270 HD3

Toshiba 2TB HDD

Cryorig H7

Evga 650W G3

Nothing is overclocked.

Edited by SOOCM, 03 April 2018 - 09:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,569 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:18 AM

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Louis

#3 SOOCM

SOOCM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:48 AM

Not a bsod problem, did you read my post?

Edited by SOOCM, 03 April 2018 - 10:48 AM.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:54 AM

He read it. Unless the option is disabled, bsod's result in a reboot and dump file creation. I'd suggest you follow the advice in the post above and see if any crash dumps are found.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users