Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Clue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LexDivina

LexDivina

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 03 April 2018 - 04:47 AM

Hi.  Ok so where to start... my ex is a psycho and among other things he cyberstalked me and ideven know what else. Since then i do things like check net connections, scan the network for devices etc. etc. even though i have no clue what most of it means.

However here is a portion of what i do know in regards to the current situation.

I am living with my boyfriend and i recently returned from a trip to read an email from fing saying that my computer had been "up" on the network the entire time i was gone...yet it was with me in another state.

During these network scans i noticed my boyfriends computer changes mac addresses from the original to a "Gemtek" mac...  on the exact same time and day my computer changed mac addresses and went from an hp to a "hon hai" mac.

Well the other day i did an install of lubuntu over the entire disk and for half the day the net scans showed my new laptop name with the original mac which i felt comfortable with.

Then the net scans started showing this new computer name with the Hon Hai ip and my old laptop and user names.

I had not signed into any account email or otherwise and pretty sure he did not physically touch my laptop this time though he has had access in the past.

Also a netstat -aon shows a verizon ip on port 57496....i have some other info but need to find it.  What is going on here?

I appologize for my ignorance and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Edited by LexDivina, 03 April 2018 - 04:48 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LexDivina

LexDivina
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:51 AM

in addition - the network scan with the fing app says that my laptop is a printer. 

It also says that his desktop is a file server with UPnP Services: X-MS_Media RecieverRegistrar(1)ConnectionManager(1)ContemntDirectory(1) with the following services with respective port:80 http (ok, right?); 135 msrpc; 139 netbios-ssn; 445 microsoft-ds; 554 rtsp; and 2105 eklogin.

He keeps saying hes not computer savvy but when i tell him about these things he says im probably the one doing it and doesnt even care which makes me think he knows whats up.   HELLLPPPP!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users