I can't view images or videos on a few webpages (for example nrk dot no), and it's the same problem in all browsers (Safari, Chrome and Firefow). Small boxes are seen where the images should have been, and videos are non-responsive . The problem first occurred when using safari, but after a while the same happened in firefox and chrome. I downloaded the antivirus program Avast (did not have an antivirus program before this problem). After running it some webpages started working again, but the main problem with not seeing images or videos was not fixed.
In addition, I can't access certain webpages like java dot com. I get ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED in Google Chrome. None of the tested solutions have fixed this either.
I have the same problems no matter which wifi I'm connected to, and all the webpages work fine on other devices when connected to the same wifi. I've tried to solve the problem by reading on similar problems on different forums, but nothing have helped. So far I have:
- Updating and resetting the browsers
- Started up in safe mode (same problem in safe mode and after restarting after safe mode)
- Cleared cookies and cache (system, user, DNS, browser)
- Changed DNS servers to OpenDNS servers
- Changed the network location from 'Automatic' to 'New'
- Installed Onyx and cleaned the mac as suggested here: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520850/some-internet-websites-will-not-load-cant-find-error/
I don't have AdBlocker or extensions in Chrome, I don’t use VPN, java is updated, all available updates on my Mac are completed, and the firewall in Security and Privacy in System Preferences is off. I’m not very experienced with Mac problems and now I’m all out of ideas. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem are highly appreciated!