Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

One Email account is suddenly dead !!!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Slime58

Slime58

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:42 AM

Bit of a strange one, please help.
I have used Mozilla T'bird for years and currently have six different gmail accounts ........................ don't ask!
Everything has been good until today when one of my accounts has suddenly become inaccessible, even though I know I have messages there.
All I get is the following error message;

The current operation on 'inbox' did not
succeed. The mail server for account
***********@gmail.com responded: Unknown
command t26mb176372201eda.

When I click on that account it only shows an inbox when the account 'expands'.
It used to be like the other accounts in that it had many other folders such as junk, spam, sent mail, deleted etc., etc..
Now it just has an inbox.When I click on that it shows up as empty and I get the above error message.
The error message is always the same except the number changes.
Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Slime58

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:04 PM

Just in case someone suggests something you may have already tried in your thread here

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3039612

#3 Slime58

Slime58
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:26 PM

Just in case someone suggests something you may have already tried in your thread here

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3039612

Thanks opera.

I wasn't expecting such a good response from Mozillazine!

Would you suggest I just stick with them for the time being?

Slime58

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 02 April 2018 - 05:37 PM

Yes, that would be my advice too. There is no difficulty on BC with you having posted your problem on other forums but it can cause confusion to you because posters in the one forum cannot see what posters on the other are suggesting. Here the general policy is 'one computer, one problem, one topic' for exactly that reason, to avoid confusion. If you are getting good and sensible advice there I would stay there. But if they have run out of suggestions before your problem is fixed you are welcome to continue here.

Chris Cosgrove

#5 Slime58

Slime58
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:45 AM

Yes, that would be my advice too. There is no difficulty on BC with you having posted your problem on other forums but it can cause confusion to you because posters in the one forum cannot see what posters on the other are suggesting. Here the general policy is 'one computer, one problem, one topic' for exactly that reason, to avoid confusion. If you are getting good and sensible advice there I would stay there. But if they have run out of suggestions before your problem is fixed you are welcome to continue here.

Chris Cosgrove

Thank Chis, I appreciate that,

Slime58

#6 Slime58

Slime58
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2018 - 03:31 AM

Chris Cosgrove

Had nothing from them for a few days now and wondered whether any of you guys could point me in the right direction.

Many thanks,

Slime58

#7 Slime58

Slime58
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:42 PM

Bump?

#8 Slime58

Slime58
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:24 PM

Problem now solved :thumbup2:.

#9 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:04 PM

Problem now solved :thumbup2:.

Might you post how, since there will likely be another reader who encounters the same issue (or a closely related one)?

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

#10 Slime58

Slime58
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2018 - 03:00 AM

Yeah, it was very simple really and don't know why I didn't try it earlier.

I uninstalled Thunderbird, reinstalled ai and Presto! ..................... all my accounts were working.

All previous emails were still there in all the relevant folders and the only issue I had was that my address book was empty.

Not a big problem.

Hope that helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users