Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop shuts down at 10% battery

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 signofzeta

signofzeta

• Members
  • 421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 01 April 2018 - 09:38 PM

I normally do not use my battery, but once a month, I normally drain my battery to 12%, charge it to 100%, then drain it to around 40% before removing it and storing it.

This time it is different.

I drain the battery to 12%.

I then charge it to 100%.

I unplug the laptop and drain the battery back to 40%, but this time, it went from 90% to 50%, drains to 45%, and it jumps up to 55%.  I let it drain to 50%, and it jumps up to 65% all the while the laptop is unplugged.

I then let it drain all the way down to 12%, but when it is at 13%, it jumped down to 10%, then I waited till it goes to 9%, but the laptop shuts down before it reached 9%.  By shut down, I mean the kind where if you didn't have a battery in your laptop, and you pulled the AC cord out.

My laptop now thinks 0% charge is 10% charge, and at 10%, the laptop shuts down.

How do I fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:20 AM

you have a bad cell in the battery.  replace battery!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users