Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

8.1 update problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nomad01

Nomad01

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 01 April 2018 - 04:48 PM

I'm sure this has been posted before, but every fix attempt I've found has not worked as of yet. I've been using Windows 8 since I got my laptop in 2012ish. I finally did the 8.1 upgrade (Which was a pain in itself, had to uninstall eset, and remove my second hard drive).

I knew there would be a ton of updates, and there was, 173 I believe. It takes an eternity, goes through all the steps, and fails to install at the end with no warning. I have to see it in the history. I've tried running mbam. And eset, no problems there. Even in safe mode.

I've deleted data store, and download in software distribution, and trying to install the oldest ones first. See if that mattered, and nothing. Windows update.diagcab finds 3 errors, fixes them, and nothing.

Service registratiom is missing or corrupt-fixed

Windows update error ox80070057- fixed

Problems installing recent updates- fixed

I tried renaming software distribution folders in cmd. It says access denied. Also fixing file corruption in cmd didn't work as well. The error code it gives under details is 80070718. Some of them go through, but only a few.

Anything more I need to post, let me know. Thanks in advance, this is getting frustrating.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RokTV

RokTV

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2018 - 04:57 PM

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/10164/fix-windows-update-errors It sounds like you have already tried the first 2 possible solutions.

You probably won't need to Reset or reinstall Windows if you reach that stage without a solution, instead read 

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/offline-windows-update/

Edited by RokTV, 01 April 2018 - 05:06 PM.

#3 Nomad01

Nomad01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:49 PM

Ive tried all of those, minus the one file rename. It says access denied for some reason in the command prompt, even with full access. Thanks though, Ill give your follow up a try. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users