Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sup. This is why i am here

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mpg26203

mpg26203

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 01 April 2018 - 03:41 PM

Some time ago, more specifically one year, my pc got a backdoor and i even tought it could be a RAT (Remote Administration Tool), some random browser hijackers and rogue antiviruses started being installed out of nowhere, without showing a prompt and just after starting my pc. my computer got full of exact, modified copies of chrome such as a folder at program files called "hippig", then my shortcuts got modified to fit with the exact copies of my browsers. internet explorer, chrome and mozilla got infected. i had nowhere to go, all of my browsers were modified and they could even be trackin my cookies, passwords and stuff. I wasnt a newcome on this whole thing, so i started checking my whole operating system. i deleted around 57 registry entries, a lot of folders at "%appdata%/roaming", some weird folders at program files and shortcuts to videogames i didnt install. they were coming back anyways, so i came here, full of fear, made an account with random characters on the password and a weird username that i only use when im not making a serious account on something (e.g username for club penguin) or when i dont want anyone to know its me online, i made a post asking for help and one of the "malware response" guys told me to install adwcleaner, roguekiller and some other stuff, wich i did, and worked... but i never looked at that pc in the same way. i didnt enjoy games anymore, i was too busy checking every day for suspicious activity. man i was traumatized because i was many many hours for 2 weeks trying to remove that. welp i got enough so i gave that pc to a person i would like to forget because she closed it so hard (it was a laptop) that the hard disk and the LED lights kinda broke. it was kinda hilarious to see a BSOD looking like if it was melting.

anyways i got a new Gaming pc rig and i made this account here just in case i need help with this kind of stuff again.

moral of the story: always have and adblocker and YOU ARE NOT THE VISITOR NUMER 1 MILLION okno XD, but i got that problem because of an intrusive ad at an "url shortener" site so dont let those 5 secs convince you to disable it, you got some more billions of those m8, ads at those websites are very intrusive and often redirect you to harmful pages.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 02 April 2018 - 06:07 PM

Welcome to BC !

And thanks for the story and the advice.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users