Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recovery Problem-Can't Setup Windows

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MahmoudHashem1

MahmoudHashem1

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2018 - 03:13 PM

Damn, I will tell you the full story.
My PC -Accidentally- after booting (W10Logo) show a problem message (actually two), I take a shot of them and will put them here in this post.
To bypass this message I press Enter and the W10Logo appears for half second and message pop again, I press Enter contionsly to successfully boot and open the W.
Today; when I opened my PC; PC shut down. After the W10Logo appear, and i am was in this loop.
So I decided to Setup the W again, I used same W CD and format C and setup windows in it, that is the same thing that I do when setup a W.
Now windows Setup complete "Copying Files" and "get files ready for installation" and other tasks below it, and the W restart to complete the Setup.
After restart and W10Logo the error messages appear.
WHAT CAN I SOLVE THIS PROBLEM!!!!
*sorry for my bad english

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 01 April 2018 - 03:41 PM

This could be due to a hardware problem.

If the computer was pre-installed with Windows disable SecureBoot in UEFI settings. If you have anything called QuickBoot or Fastboot disable it also.

In order to boot a diagnostic disk called UBCD you may need to enable Legacy or CSM boot.

UBCD

http://mirror.sysadminguide.net/ubcd/ubcd538.iso

Burn the iso to a CD or if you have a spare USB flash drive use Rufus. Boot UBCD and at the menu screen select Parted Magic. On the desktop of Parted Magic select Disk Health and run the short/long tests.

If the hard drive passes boot UBCD and in the Memory section select Memtest86+. Run it for at least 6 passes.

If you want to attempt a clean install of Windows 10 instead of using UBCD do a clean install per the below BC guide. If the computer was pre-installed with Windows 8 or 10 use the convert GPT command. If Windows 7 it may be either convert GPT or convert MBR depending on the firmware of the motherboard.

You can substitute the clean all command for the clean command in the guide. Clean all will zero out the hard drive. It will be finished when you see the diskpart command again.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/667627/doing-a-completely-clean-install-of-windows-10/?p=4419457

#3 MahmoudHashem1

MahmoudHashem1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2018 - 03:54 PM

I am a noon in programming. I don't understand you. But now when I tried to install Windows 7 and I formated C (a error message pop up tell that Partition not formated but it formated!) anyway when I press install, a new screen pop up and on it "The installation was cancelled"
"windows could not format a partition on disk 0. the error occurred while preparing the partition selected for installation. Error code: 0x80070057"

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,597 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2018 - 03:58 PM

It sounds like the hard drive may be bad. What is the make and model of the computer or the make and model of the motherboard if custom built.

Edited by JohnC_21, 01 April 2018 - 04:00 PM.

#5 MahmoudHashem1

MahmoudHashem1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2018 - 04:09 PM

Mobo: G41 BIOSTAR
Bios: American megatrends
HDD: Wd
CPU: INTEL

#6 MahmoudHashem1

MahmoudHashem1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2018 - 04:11 PM

I can't lose some data on the hard drive..
May I backup it to another hard drive!!!
Please there is project I worked on it for a month I can't lose it!!!

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,597 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2018 - 04:18 PM

Do you have a USB adapter to connect the drive to another computer? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SATA-PATA-IDE-to-USB-2-0-Adapter-Converter-Cable-for-2-5-3-5-Inch-Hard-Drive-/321866626452

If not and you want to recover data then download the UBCD iso file. Burn the iso file to a CD. Right click the iso file on a Windows 7 or later computer. Select Burn Disk Image. Boot. Select Parted Magic from the Menu. Copy files to USB flash drive or external hard drive.

You can also burn to CD using isoburner.

http://mirror.sysadminguide.net/ubcd/ubcd538.iso

https://fixit.litten.com/linuxfilecopy.html     This guide shows how to copy files using Parted Magic.

#8 MahmoudHashem1

MahmoudHashem1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2018 - 05:40 PM

Sorry for late answer, but my brother did some stuff in hard drive (i think he check wires) and BIOS settings, after that i setup Windows 7 and it's worked, and finally i reached the Desktop ! (i don't know how XD)
Thanks man for helping me, now how can i check my Hard Drive and find how it is bad? and fix it..

#9 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,597 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2018 - 05:56 PM

Firstly, Glad you have Windows back!. 

If you have not done so already make sure you back up your important data to another device like a USB flash or USB hard drive. After backing up your critical data download Seatools for Windows and run the short test. If it passes run the long test.

If the HD is WD  then use WD's software.

If the drive passes run memtest+ for at least 6 passes. There is a free version.

https://www.memtest86.com/

If everything passes I would recommend you create a complete disk image to a USB external hard drive using software like Macrium Free, Aomei Backupper Standard, or Easeus Todo Backup Free. All let you create a bootable disk so you can recover the image if the computer does not boot or the hard drive fails.

#10 MahmoudHashem1

MahmoudHashem1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:09 PM

Thanks
Hmmm, that means that test with these 3 programs may be harmful to my data?
In sometimes i hear a sound like failure sound from the HDD, when that sound happen all process and programs that i opened is lagged until 5 seconds and everything back to it's normal.

#11 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,597 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:24 PM

Yes, if the drive is on the verge of failing then the tests can send the computer over the edge. That is why you should back up  your important data first even if you do not do the tests if the data is important to you.

If you hear a sound from the hard drive I urge you to backup your data as soon as possible.

#12 MahmoudHashem1

MahmoudHashem1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:44 PM

Okay, i will do that as soon as possible, Thank You.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users