Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Booting Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dearien13

dearien13

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 31 March 2018 - 08:51 PM

PC Booting Problem

This past week, I was on my desktop computer one evening and everything was working great. Then, the next morning, I turned on my computer and I got the following message on my computer screen.

Internal hard drive not found

To resolve this issue, try to reseat the drive.

No Bootable Device

Strike F1 to retry boot, F2 enter Setup Menu, F5 enter PSA

First off, I pushed, F1 to reboot and nothing happen. Secondly, I pressed F2 to go in the setup menu, which is the BIOS. I notice all 3 of my internal hard drives were recognized, so I am guessing that’s good. The next step I did was to pressed F5 to go to PSA tests, which is the Pre-boot System Assessment, and I ran the whole tests on my computer. It said that all tests passed, and also the PSA recognized all 3 of my internal hard drive. Lastly, I open my computer and reseated all my hard drives. And it stills says the above message.

I notice when I restart the computer, it gives me the options to press F2 to go to setup or press F12 to go to Boot options. When I press F12, it keeps loading, and when the time to load the booting options comes, nothing happens. Just a little line on the top left of the screen. Like the program is missing, and I am probably guessing, that is where my problem is at.

My computer is a Alienware Aurora R4. It is running with UEFI boot mode. The only thing I did with it, was I put 2 internal hard drives in it about a year ago.

I will appreciate any help to solve this problem. Thanks in advance.

-DD

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 01 April 2018 - 07:58 AM

Sounds like the Boot of the Drive is corrupt or lost.

Disconnect the other drives and leave the operating system drive connected.

You havent stated the operating system ? Win 7 / 8 / or upgrad to Win 10 ??

Try running a Windows Repair Disc or your Original Disc and boot from it and select repair.

If you have Win 10 others here can guide you further with that or the methods.

It also depends if the drive is dead ? ...So check all the Cables on that drive first , disconnect and reconnect and try again.

Hope you have also BackedUp your Data previously incase the drive is dead .....common mistake many make. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users