Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 USB Bluetooth Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KeredRednaxela

KeredRednaxela

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 31 March 2018 - 05:14 PM

Hello, I have a Desktop build with the components below.  I have an issue where any USB Bluetooth dongle I use comes up with a driver issue.  I have two different dongles (I thought the first one was defective)  The strange thing is, the results are intermittent.

The main thing I am trying to connect is a pair of Bose QuietComfort 35 II.  I can easily connect them to my iPhone, surface 4, windows 10 laptop.  But when I try to connect to my desktop I get a variety of results:

Sometimes the Bluetooth dongle shows up as correctly installed, present with a driver issue, or not present at all.

Sometimes the headphones show up properly, sometimes they appear as an unknown device but still connect, sometimes they show up as an unknown device and fail to connect.

Sometimes the headphones connect properly, sometimes as a headset which doesn't sound correct, sometimes they connect once but not again after a restart/power cycle of the computer or headphones.

I can't find a pattern or repeatable fix/workaround so I'm looking for some advise how to troubleshoot this more precisely.

I have moderate technical knowledge, but not much experience with Bluetooth or windows 10.

Motherboard:  Asus z97

CPU:  Intel 4970K

GPU:  NVidia GeForce 1080ti

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,685 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 01 April 2018 - 09:58 AM

Sometimes the Bluetooth dongle shows up as correctly installed

Where are you looking when the dongle "shows up"?

Is the USB port one of the ones connected directly to the motherboard or is this one of the ports on the front of the case?

If this is occurring with the ports on the front of the case try using one of the ports connected to the motherboard.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 techiegeek12

techiegeek12

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 01 April 2018 - 10:48 PM

try update your drivers by windows update 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users