Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 10 BSOD: kmode_exception_not_handled (win32kbase.sys)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 shps4fn

shps4fn

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 31 March 2018 - 12:34 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/51fWdzJXn7DKzkCAj4R1NFp

This is the first time since a clean OS install that I rec'd a BSOD, however my computer has randomly shutdown at various times. Usually, it happens just shortly after going onto the internet about 5 to 10 minutes after booting up, however it has happened as much as an hour or so after being on the internet and occasionally not at all. I just assumed it was the mobo going bad after the clean install but since I rec'd this BSOD today and rec'd the error message, I am thinking maybe not.

Any suggestions? 

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/51fWdzJXn7DKzkCAj4R1NFp

This is the first time since a clean OS install that I rec'd a BSOD, however my computer has randomly shutdown at various times. Usually, it happens just shortly after going onto the internet about 5 to 10 minutes after booting up, however it has happened as much as an hour or so after being on the internet and occasionally not at all. I just assumed it was the mobo going bad after the clean install but since I rec'd this BSOD today and rec'd the error message, I am thinking maybe not.

Any suggestions? 

Attached Files

Edited by shps4fn, 31 March 2018 - 03:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 31 March 2018 - 02:23 PM

BC BSODs Posting Instructions - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Louis

#3 shps4fn

shps4fn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2018 - 03:08 PM

Sorry I thought I had attached the zip file. Above post has since been edited but it is also attached to this post

Attached Files

Edited by shps4fn, 31 March 2018 - 03:14 PM.

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,029 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 31 March 2018 - 04:08 PM

:welcome: to BC,

Please run these "staple" hardware diagnostics. (Run MemTest86 for EIGHT passes please.)

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#5 shps4fn

shps4fn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2018 - 12:23 AM

Hard drive passed and Memory passed no errors.

#6 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,029 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2018 - 09:27 AM

Did you run MemTest86 for eight passes? Did you run SeaTools's Long Generic Test? Please run Driver Verifier: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576333/driver-verifier-bsod-related-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/ according to these instructions. 

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#7 shps4fn

shps4fn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2018 - 09:13 PM

Yes. Yes. Yes.

#8 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,029 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2018 - 09:30 PM

No BSODs from Driver Verifier after 24 hours? If so, run it for another 24 hours.

#9 shps4fn

shps4fn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:04 PM

Thanks everyone! After running Driver Verifier 2 complete and another partial I got the BSOD and found the driver issue, which appears to be a known issue with Win 10 and HP laptops. Installed the fix and I've been good so far. So thanks again, I didn't know about Driver Verifier before, cool tool.

#10 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,029 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2018 - 06:00 PM

Great, you're welcome!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users