Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

error message "Another computer is using the printer"

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wrando

wrando

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 31 March 2018 - 08:52 AM

I have a Canon mg6620 printer that was working fine and this message appeared and it will no longer print.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 868 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:47 PM

Turn the printer off using the power button, unplug it from the wall for at least two minutes, plug it back in, turn it on, and then try it.

Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

#3 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,008 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 03 April 2018 - 12:36 AM

Just go into Services and stop the Print Spooler service then start the service again.

Solves most printer issues (including this one)

#4 ChaNicolsen

ChaNicolsen

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 03 April 2018 - 02:08 AM

Is there any warning notice? Restarting the printer and reconnect it to your laptop/PC is the first step.

Edited by ChaNicolsen, 03 April 2018 - 02:08 AM.

#5 wrando

wrando
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:08 PM

Opera...how do I get into services.

ChaNicolsen...message....printer is in error state

#6 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 868 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:12 PM

WinKey+R then SERVICES.MSC in the run box will open services; but, a different question; how is the printer connected (USB, Network, etc.)

Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

#7 GreyViper

GreyViper

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 26 June 2018 - 03:19 AM

This has happened to me a number of times and on all of the computers on my home network, usually after a windows update. What I have found is if I go into settings - devices - printers & scanners - I have TWO Canon printers specified in my list. My printer is a Canon Pixma IP7200 series and when I look in the list I have a Canon IP7200 series AND a Canon 7200 series WS. The WS is now set as the DEFAULT printer. If I set the other one as the default printer I can now print without problems. I usually the remove the WS printer as it is not required.

However, it sometimes returns after a windows upgrade and so does the "Another Printer is using ..." issue. It works for me every time on all of my computers on my network. Hope this helps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users