Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PSU Failure of something else?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CrocoKing

CrocoKing

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 31 March 2018 - 07:15 AM

I have never had any hiccups with gaming since now. I was playing Deus Ex Mandkind Divided and twice within the span of 7 minutes my computer shut off completely, no warning. Action Viewer just said "Shut down Unexpectedly". My fans never spun up

The weird issue is, I've played this same game months ago with 0 issues. And later on that night I played CoD WW2 to troubleshoot,as and I played it over two hours without any problems at all. I also tried a Garrys Mod and Deus Ex HR, no issues what so ever.

I dusted my PC, reinstalled drivers etc. I ran several stress tests and it rarely makes it past the 6 miniute mark before shutting. Which is weird because my GPU gets to 72 C at most and my CPU 54 C before my pc shuts off. I even switched outlets, which let the game play for 20 minutes longer before my PC shut down

I kept a log of a stress test I did with Furmarks and Prime 95 running. with HWMonitor but I have no idea how to interpret these results https://share.rtechsupport.org/Log.CSV This all started yesterday, would this be a PSU issue?

I have these installed with no overclocking

PSU: Antec TruePower Classic series TP-650C 650W 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Power Supply
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 06G-P4-4995-KR 6GB SC+ GAMING w/ACX 2.0+, Whisper Silent Cooling w/ Free Installed Backplate Graphics Card
CPU: i5 4690
16 GB of RAM

I ordered a SeaSonic 650-Watt ATX12V/EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD in the meantime since I dont have any spare PSUs to test this issue with.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,051 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 31 March 2018 - 07:25 AM

It could very well be a power supply issue although I would inspect the motherboard for swollen capacitors which will be bloated on the top.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.

(Mark Twain)

Inspiration can be found in a pile of junk. Sometimes, you can put it together with a good imagination and invent something.

(Thomas Edison)

#3 CrocoKing

CrocoKing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2018 - 07:30 AM

Isn't that an issue which effects older Motherboards? My current mobo is a Asus H97-PLUS HDMI, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.0 ATX DDR3 1600, LGA 1150 Motherboard, I'll open my PC up and look into it.

Edited by hamluis, 31 March 2018 - 07:43 PM.

#4 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,051 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 31 March 2018 - 07:40 AM

Nope bad capacitors can affect any motherboard old and new.

Today's manufacturers use the cheapest components in their products.

I've recap a lot of new motherboards over the years.

Edited by hamluis, 31 March 2018 - 07:44 PM.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.

(Mark Twain)

Inspiration can be found in a pile of junk. Sometimes, you can put it together with a good imagination and invent something.

(Thomas Edison)

#5 CrocoKing

CrocoKing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2018 - 04:28 PM

Hopefully when my new PSU gets here Monday I can replace it. I dont wanna replace my Mobo if the PSU doesnt fix my problems

Edited by hamluis, 31 March 2018 - 07:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users