Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Blue Screen Stop: 0x0000007b

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 morpheussion

morpheussion

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 04 October 2006 - 07:15 PM

HELP Blue screen STOP: 0x0000007B

I dont know what to do?? I cant reboot the computer, everytime I reboot, this blue screen shws up again and again?

Its telling me to to a run CHKDSK /F for hard drive corruption?? or a virus?? what should I do??

THANKS>>>

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:10 PM

Please let us know the exact error message that you received. Here's a link that explains more about this: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

Here's some information about the STOP 0x7b error:http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0x7b

This is primarily a problem with your hard drive, but may also be due to corruption of the drivers that run your hard drive. CHKDSK /F /R will help to detect some problems with the hard drive.

Are you able to get into Windows? If not, there are several ways to try and fix this problem:
1) Use the Recovery Console to run "fixboot" and maybe even "fixmbr"
2) Performa a repair install of Windows XP
3) Run Digital Dolly to see if you can check your hard drive status
4) Download the diagnostic software from the hard drive manufacturer's website.

If all of this fails, then you may need a new hard drive - but don't rush out and get one until you let us know how the troubleshooting is working.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 morpheussion

morpheussion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:34 PM

Thank you so much,
I'm desperate, i have no idea on what to do???
this is the message:
Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.
Technical information:
The message is Stop: 0x0000007B (0xF894E528, 0xc0000034, 0x0000000, 0x00000000)

I cant get in windows,

#4 killmypc

killmypc

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2006 - 09:29 PM

Hey morpheussion,

If you could post the Exact message, it will help a lot. :thumbsup:
You can check out This from Microsoft, it speaks of the 'Stop 0x0000007b' error.

Have you made any changes in your system recently? (added/removed any hardware?)

edit: See you are being helped in another forum... :flowers:

Edited by killmypc, 04 October 2006 - 09:53 PM.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 05 October 2006 - 06:58 AM

Did the error message have any file names in it?

Since you can't get into Windows, you'll have to attempt to repair it. To do this you'll need to boot from your Windows installation CD.

Insert the CD into your drive and reboot the system (you may have to set your BIOS to boot from the CD). When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press "R" to enter the Recovery Console.

Once in, type "chkdsk /f /r" (without the quotes and with spaces before the / marks) and press Enter

Then type "fixboot" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

Then type "fixmbr" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

Please note any error messages that may appear.

Here's a detailed description of the Recovery Console: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307654/en-us
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users