Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 10 crashes after leaving it for a few minutes, screen looks messed up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vladkov

vladkov

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 30 March 2018 - 03:19 PM

Hello, I've been dealing with this one issue, which seems to be getting worse.

I leave the computer idle (or put some music on and walk away, for instance), and within 5-10 minutes it crashes.

In the attached video you can see what the screen looks like, also there can be annoying sound to go along with it (but not always).

When the computer gets into that state, nothing works - mouse/keyboard don't make a difference (I've tried hitting Ctrl-Alt-Del, Escape, etc.). The only thing that works is shutting it down using the power button.

I googled and googled and couldn't find anything exactly like it.

The strangest thing is that I can use the computer for hours without any issues, but as soon as I walk away - bam. Which tells me that the issue is probably in the software (overheating doesn't make sense, hardware failure doesn't make sense either because I would expect that to happen randomly, whereas my use case is very much reproducible).

Does anyone have ideas on how to troubleshoot this? Anything I can try?

Thanks!

vlad

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 30 March 2018 - 03:30 PM

BC BSODs Posting Instructions - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Louis

#3 vladkov

vladkov
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 01 April 2018 - 01:41 PM

Okay, these steps are actually very easy to follow, thank you. Here's the information:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/uNKQVthGbt2SZdFUuByitTg

vlad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users