Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Account - Password Issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 F1Help

F1Help

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 30 March 2018 - 11:06 AM

Hi,

If I have a Microsoft account as my Windows 10 login, how do I allow someone to temporarily use my PC without giving them the password to my Microsoft account (which would enable them to have full access to my e-mail, OneDrive etc. - even when away from the PC)?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,535 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany

Posted 30 March 2018 - 11:10 AM

create another user account/login for them....you can always delete it in the future

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 30 March 2018 - 11:32 AM

Or enable the guest account.  See the search results from:  https://duckduckgo.com/?q=windows+10+guest+account&t=hb&atb=v91-1&ia=web

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

#4 F1Help

F1Help
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2018 - 08:30 AM

Thanks for your replies.  According to this article, "true" Guest accounts are not available in Windows 10.  So I think it would probably be best to create a separate local account.

https://www.digitalcitizen.life/you-cant-enable-guest-account-windows-10-stop-trying

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 31 March 2018 - 08:33 AM

If it were me I wouldn't actually try to enable the Guest account anyway even if one could.

It's a trivial exercise to create a local Win10 account with standard privileges and to delete it after the need for it has passed.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users