Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What to expect when using Macrium rescue disk?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 provlima

provlima

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:10 AM

Am testing a rescue disk that I created using macrium 7 to make sure it will work if I should need it.

Have adjusted my bios to load from the CD drive

When it loads  it takes a about a minute  and a macrium window appears on my screen

Is there a further step once that window appears?  

Should my normal desktop then appear as proof that  the rescue disk worked?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,678 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:13 AM

If  you are using a USB external drive to backup your images to attach the drive after boot the rescue disk. Click Refresh and make sure Macrium detects the backup drive.

You should see both your computer's hard drive that is accepting the image and the USB backup drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users