Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet/Gamming caffe problem with game update

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 namrtvo123

namrtvo123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 30 March 2018 - 04:20 AM

Hi there to all!!!

I own a Internet/Gaimming caffe with 25 client computers, and everyting was fine until an update relese of game called Fortnite. I must say that every client computer have smartlaunch installed and also DeepFreeze on C:/ partition for security resasons. In case you didnt here about this app it freezes status of your computer on the moment you activate it. On C:/ I only have windows,cs 1.6 and browsers. On D:/ partition are all the games. Reason is for updates of the games to not freeze them. Also I must add I edited registry to same all my programdata folder to D:/ and C:/users/my user/Documents and edited registry to default installation directory to D:/Games all of this because singleplayer gamas and updates. 

Now my problem is, every time an update relese of the game Fortnite my client computers updates regulary the game and play just fine, and when I restart the computers it start downloading the game for no resason from the begining. I tried turning of deepfreeze and update the games and everything was cool and it worked yesterday. But I not a lucky man because today another update od 300MB was relesed and everyting I did yesterday was for nothing. My game is located on D:\Games\Epic Games\Fortnite as it should by default to be in epic games. Another thing I noticed there is some time and date problem on my pcs they dispaly wrong time and date, but that was fix yesterday by turning off deepfreeze and sync the time. Im an IT guy and do know some staff about apps/pcs/network ect. but not a gamer and Fortnite players are usually kids how cannot help :(

Any Idea what is wrong? Today I opened the caffe with deepfreeze turned off but that is not the solution :( 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SL_Charbel

SL_Charbel

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:55 AM

Hi , Fortnite ( Epic Games) , store the manifest of the game and most of the update information inside "programdata" , they also tend to leave some of the update information inside "appdata".

Sadly i do not think you can change those , nor that you can alter the path of the game without having to go through reinstalling it ( They have their manifest file encrypted ).

So im guessing your solutions would be :

1:Disable deepfreez , i dont think you really Need it while you have Smartlaunch , The pc is already on a complete Lock down .

2:Make a backup of your programdata /appdata ( Epic Games folder ) , and paste it there everytime deepfreez fires up (This isnt really a solution , but if you have no other choise it will save you the wait time for the download)

PS: TO access programdata/appdata you need to open your start menu and write %programdata% ( and hit enter). Same for %appdata%

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users