Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Might not be able to disable Hardware Acceleration?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Capricornicus

Capricornicus

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:57 PM

Hi! I made a topic last week on the Internal Hardware board regarding flickering/artifacts in certain programs and games. I believe I've figured out the issue, but am having trouble implementing the solution.

Disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome (and more recently, Blizzard's desktop application) completely resolved the issues. I tried doing it for the rest of my affected programs by doing what's shown in the attached picture, but I have no way to check if it worked as no Windows menu seems to have any relevant information besides DirectX Diagnostics showing some graphics acceleration still enabled (also shown in picture)

My specs are:
Motherboard: MSI B350M PRO-VH PLUS 
CPU: AMD Ryzen-5 6-Core Processor 3.20Ghz
GPU: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
RAM: T-Force Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4
Power: SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W
Monitor: ASUS VS228H-P 21.5'' Full HD LED

Games affected by flickering/artifacts are Overwatch, Shadow Warrior (2013), Hollow Knight, Just Cause 2, Besiege, Talos Principle

Games unaffected are Skyrim, Tembo the Badass Elephant, La-Mulana, The Witcher, Minecraft, Pillars of Eternity, Rivals of Aether, Team Fortress 2

If you need any more info please tell me! Thanks in advance!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users