Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

usb devices

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 katouriann

katouriann

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:42 AM

For the last 3 weeks, whenever I turned on the computer, many times, it would not boot up at all, then after shutting it down many times, it would boot up to an old desktop that was 5 months ago. Then I could barely use it. Then randomly, it would boot up to my current desktop with all my email and everything else in place. It just kept doing that till I decided that I had to re-format it.

So this morning, I disconnected all the usb devices, and just have the internet still connected along with the mouse and keyboard. Saying all that to say when I turn it on now, it is perfect. It boots up in less than 2 minutes which before it ws 10 minutes, nothing is freezing etc. So now I have to figure out what usb device is doing this. Also I want to put another usb card in the computer because everything I use on here is usb. Hope I am making sense. Can anyone tell me what is going on?

margiedogholdingshoe2.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,614 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:01 AM

I responded to you on Computer Hope.

#3 katouriann

katouriann
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 12:25 PM

Computer was basically crashing everytime I turned it on. It would go back to a desktop I had 5 months ago and I would lose everything. Then maybe a few days later, it would go to the current desktop. It was freezing, not booting up, and many other things. I unplugged all usb devices except the mouse and keyboard. I wonder how I can figure out why my computer is working fine now with no usb devices. I want to put another usb card in the computer, will that help with this problem?

Mod Edit:  Merged topics, duplicates - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 29 March 2018 - 03:14 PM.

margiedogholdingshoe2.jpg

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,614 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 12:57 PM

You've already posted the same question on this forum and I responded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users