Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Default Browser Launching on a mouse click

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 is7aq

is7aq

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:50 AM

i ran into this issue recently where when i click on my mouse it lanches my defalt browser to the Microsoft help center Idk why.

i will be so thankful to get help solve this isse .

thanks all

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 is7aq

is7aq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:59 AM

and on every click it opens a new tab it get so annoying Couse when i ever i try to do something it launches my defalt browser seems like the pc is unusable now ..

Edited by is7aq, 29 March 2018 - 08:00 AM.

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,320 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:03 AM

Have you tried doing a full shut-down (as in the Fast Startup setting is OFF) and restart, or just a Restart?  I'm just curious if that changes anything.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

#4 is7aq

is7aq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:06 AM

i tried both restarting and shuting down the pc but the issue is still there

#5 britechguy

britechguy

• 9,320 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:09 AM

If you know pretty much when this behavior started, and have System Protection enabled, the first thing I'd try to do is going back to a restore point prior to when the issue occurred.

Also, does this behavior occur if you boot into safe mode?

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

#6 is7aq

is7aq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:14 AM

i haven't tried booting into safe mode this happend like 2 weeks ago i searched every where but seems that no one had the same issue but i found this website today only ill try booting into safe mode and ill let you know what happens also when it just started it was only when i type on a browser and it will take me to a new tab but now it laches the browser by a mouse click

#7 is7aq

is7aq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:30 AM

i got interesting results on safe mode insted of opening defalt browser it launched the tips program on every mouse click thats weird .. seems like there is a key that keeps oping help programs and websites but how is that related to mouse clicks ?

#8 britechguy

britechguy

• 9,320 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:52 AM

If you were getting malicious sites or other seemingly nefarious results I'd suspect an infection, but given what you are getting I'm far less inclined.

Try:

~ Brian Vogel

#9 is7aq

is7aq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:55 AM

No Actually It takes me to Microsoft help site and on safe mods to tips program

but ill try ur soliton

thanks alot for trying to help =)

#10 britechguy

britechguy

• 9,320 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:26 AM

As an aside, what Version and Build of Windows 10 are you running?  If you hit the Windows Key, immediately type winver, then hit enter that information will be presented in a dialog box.

It also would be helpful if you would publish a Speccy system snapshot and provide the web address for it in your next message.  Here are downloadable step-by-step instructions for doing this:

- Using Speccy,  PDF Format 
                     - Using Speccy,  MS-Word Format

~ Brian Vogel

#11 is7aq

is7aq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:32 AM

i just cant do this step beacouse in every click it opens 10 new tabs and when i try to click back to the tab i was recently it opens 10 more tabs + it slowers down the pc so many tabs opend ..

Edited by is7aq, 29 March 2018 - 09:33 AM.

#12 britechguy

britechguy

• 9,320 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:54 AM

If you can, please at least do the step to get your version and build.

~ Brian Vogel

#13 is7aq

is7aq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:55 AM

i will try thanks alot

#14 xrobwx

xrobwx

• Members
  • 248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:40 AM

When you get done with Brian's advice and are still having the issue, I'd look at the key mappings. Some 3rd party mouse drivers allow for this.

Edited by xrobwx, 29 March 2018 - 11:45 AM.

7581204627.png

#15 is7aq

is7aq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:46 AM

i would try , its like unusable pc im thinking to do a fresh installation of  windows but i would lose data by doing that witch is painful

Edited by is7aq, 29 March 2018 - 01:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users