Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help. Ram and hhd usage at 90% - 100% on desktop.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Zejren

Zejren

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:31 PM

I've had this problem for awhile now. My games are unplayable, and just loading into a Google Chrome tab takes minutes. I do not know what to do. If anyone could have some suggestions that would be great. Thanks.
My PC
Graphics Card ~ ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 
Motherboard ~ MSI Z170A M5
Processor ~ i7 6700k 
Power Supply ~ Corsair RM 750x
RAM ~ DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x4 3200MHz
Hard Drive ~ Western Digital 1 Terabyte 7200rpm
System Type ~ Windows 10

* I had a full scan done on my computer a day ago and no threats were detected. So I don't think it is a virus. The only things I run in the background are just Steam, Discord, Nvidia, Intel, etc. Those programs barely eat up any of my ram. The biggest Ram user is chrome at the moment. And Chrome is just using a half a gig out of my 16. I checked on taskmanager and I have no idea what could be taking up the rest of my ram or hdd. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MDD1963

MDD1963

• Members
  • 688 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 30 March 2018 - 05:46 PM

Check GsmartControl for any drive errors....

(naturally, you'd want the appropriate WIndow 64 installer)

https://gsmartcontrol.sourceforge.io/home/index.php/Downloads

A quick pass with Malwarebytes Antimalware never hurt as well, in case you got smacked with a miner, and perhpas your CPU is 99% allocated to mining someone else's Monero or Bitcoin....

https://www.malwarebytes.com/products/

(Chrome with 2 tabs takes 670+ MB of RAM, so, that is normal)

Edited by MDD1963, 30 March 2018 - 05:48 PM.

Asus Z270A Prime/7700K/32 GB DDR4-3200/GTX1060

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,017 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:53 PM

Right click the task bar, click on Task Manager then on performance.  There you will see what is using up resources, there are a few common one.  Post the high usage ones!

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users