Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking to build fast home PC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 powerdbygarrett

powerdbygarrett

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:14 PM

Hi,

This is my first post on the forums. Have been lurking for a while, now need some assistance.

I assembled plenty of computers in the past. Even built and ran a carpc for many years. 

My issue is with components. It has been a while so please excuse the "noob" topic.

I am looking to build a Fast Mini ITX system. I do zero gaming so a full tower is unnecessary.

This is a home/office based system that I am looking to build. Speed is key. But Budget is important as well. Every part I read about has "gaming" in the name. I do not care about gaming at all.

I do some video and photo editing and everything else is basic stuff.

So components is my issue

• Case: open to suggestions, this is my choice so far https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147262&cm_re=Rosewill_FBM-X1_Black_Steel_%2f_Plastic_ATX_Mini_Tower_Case_with_Side_Panel_Window-_-11-147-262-_-Product

• Motherboard: Help? Do not need wifi as I prefer a wired connection. Average amount of usb support. Prefer M.2 support for HD. Something with a duel monitor capabilities. DVI prefered. My monitors do not have HDMI. Currently I have some video card in my dell and I use a dvi splitter for duel monitor setup. Works great!

• Cpu: Help? Intel or AMD. it depends on the mother board. Whats the better bang for the buck?

• Cpu heat sink: Help? whatever is sufficient for chosen Cpu.  

• Memory: 16gb whichever brand and type the chosen mother board will support

• Hard Drive: Help? Either a 256gb Samsung M.2 ssd or sata ssd. I do not need a ton or storage on the machine. I use a NAS for all my storage needs.

• Graphics Card: I do not believe I need one but again, open to suggestions 

• Power Supply: Help? Any sufficient power supply. 500watt?

• Cooling: Fans already come preinstalled in my chosen case.

Am I missing anything else?

All help and suggestions are much appreciated 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,311 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:23 AM

Something like this + your chosen case.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hgGnHh
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hgGnHh/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($162.79 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI (rev. 1.0) Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard  ($89.99 @ Newegg Business)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($163.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: ADATA - XPG SX8000 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($120.13 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $606.79
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-03-29 12:20 EDT-0400

I suggest you order AMD boot kit because CPU might not work with older motherboard BIOS. DVI is not very common on today's motherboards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users