Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell inspiron 20 resetting navram jumpers and cmos

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jettjordan92

Jettjordan92

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:22 PM

I've resently had a hacker put windows nt on my pc. I've tried looking for solutions to this problem online and never really could find a complete answer that did not involve my handing over my hard earned cash lol. I have done the following to no avail, tried reinstalling os, tried to manually remove filed and backup, and pulled cmos battery. I also upgraded my bois witch finally gave me accessed to my hardrive. I even replaced the hardrive still the same nt server on pc. I have my service manuel but don't really know how to identify witch jumpers to use or how to properly complete the task as the manuel is written as a guide for technician , with no specific details on certain steps. I would say I'm very knowledgeable on pc software with most os but don't have any experience with server software. I can Identify most hardware and can follow detailed instructions and procedures,any help with this matter would be garner my everlasting gratitude. As I have a surface pro 4 sitting on my bookshelf that I can't use or afford to get serviced and I need a pc as I'm currently looking for work.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,017 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:07 PM

Hang in there are some MS techs that check in.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 31 March 2018 - 12:00 AM

Please give a clear explanation of the actual problem you're experiencing. Things you have said don't make complete sense, for example replacing the hard drive - if you replace the hard drive with a fresh Windows installation it will have whatever Windows you install on it.

Do you recognize that every Windows release since XP is Windows NT? (NT stands for New Technology - the Windows class that is not Windows 3.1, 95, 98. So Windows NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8.x and 10 are all Windows NT.)

If you're concluding that references to NT in places like files or services means you must have a server OS installed, that doesn't follow.

Edited by Platypus, 31 March 2018 - 12:01 AM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users