Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Signal after being able to sign in to custom PC with windows 10

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 SpaceAce20

SpaceAce20

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2018 - 03:40 PM

I recently built a PC and I have been trying to get windows 10 installed and functioning on it for the past couple days. The install seemed to go well, and I got signed in, but every time I sign in after a few seconds my monitor goes black and I get a no signal message on it with the PC remaining on. I used the drivers I found from Nvidia's website for the GTX 1050 and I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice with no luck. It boots fine into safe mode and has no issues, but upon going into normal mode, a few seconds after I log in the screen goes black.

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 1400
ASUS B350 motherboard
8GB 2400MHz DDR4 RAM
A GeForce GTX 1050 2GB graphics card

This is the first PC I've ever built and it's a big learning experience for me. This is just the biggest issue it has given me to this point and I'm not quite sure what to try next to fix it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,209 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 28 March 2018 - 05:42 PM

make sure your screen resolution is set to the optimum setting for whatever monitor you are using....check with your monitor manufacturer for this info

Edited by mikey11, 28 March 2018 - 05:42 PM.

#3 SpaceAce20

SpaceAce20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2018 - 05:43 PM

Well, at the moment I've just been using a TV for a temporary display.

#4 cdwill12

cdwill12

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:37 PM

What is the TV connector HDMI ? Like the previous poster said the problem you are having is the display resolution of the TV and the display resolution of your video card GPU aren't working together... Find out the display resolution of HDMI if that's what your using of your TV and then go into the GeForce control panel and match the resolution or create aacustom one to match... I have lots of experience with this let me know if you have any questions or problems

#5 SpaceAce20

SpaceAce20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 02:00 AM

Can you be a little more specific about how to actually check either of these resolutions?

#6 cdwill12

cdwill12

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 05:37 AM

Alright your TV what is the make and model? Is it 720p or 1080p or 4k? As far as changing the resolution in the Nvidia control panel this article goes into detail on that https://www.techlicious.com/how-to/how-to-fix-nvidia-resolution-problems/.

#7 SpaceAce20

SpaceAce20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 06:11 AM

I'll check the TV specs when I get a chance in a bit, but how do I find and access the control panel in windows safe mode. Is it something else I'll need to install or should it be accessible as long as the driver is installed?

#8 cdwill12

cdwill12

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 06:30 AM

The Nvidia control panel should have been installed when you installed the GeForce GTX 1050 drivers.  When you install the drivers from the Nvidia website it installs two software Suites a Gray one the "GeForce" experience & the Green one "The Nvidia Control Panel" . The control panel can be found, in the program menu, right clicking ANYWHERE on your desktop and in the icon tray.  You can't miss it... that is if you installed the correct drivers and the entire package. 

My Advice if you can't find it, is to bookmark this link. https://www.geforce.com/drivers

Make sure you have Flash Player installed "Use Internet Explorer for this Chrome can be dodgy"

Reboot your PC into Safe Mode WITH networking (or you can't get out to the internet)

Then go to the bookmarked link and select the last option on the page " AUTO_DETECT YOUR GPU "

Let it do a FULL (NOT EXPRESS) install.  Let it do its thing if you see an area where it asks you to check boxes.... Check them all 

It will install your latest drivers, the GeForce Experience & The NVIDIA control panel. 

#9 SpaceAce20

SpaceAce20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 06:33 AM

Ok, I will make sure I do that when I get a chance after classes this evening and report back.

#10 cdwill12

cdwill12

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 06:37 AM

Cool Man Keep me posted and another thing as far as your TV Resolution is concerned. 

Here’s how the tv resolution shorthand translates:

• 720p = 1280 x 720 - is usually known as HD or “HD Ready” resolution
  • 1080p = 1920 x 1080 - is usually known as FHD or “Full HD” resolution
  • 1440p = 2560 x 1440 - commonly known as QHD or Quad HD resolution, and typically seen on gaming monitors and on high-end smartphones. 1440p is four times the resolution of 720p HD or “HD ready”.
  • 2160p = 3840 x 2160 - commonly known as 4K, UHD or Ultra HD resolution. It’s a very large display resolution and it’s found on high-end TVs and monitors. 2160p is called 4K because it offers four times the pixels of 1080p FHD or “Full HD”.

#11 SpaceAce20

SpaceAce20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 06:40 AM

Also, the TV is a Vizio 32" D-series smart TV

#12 cdwill12

cdwill12

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 06:49 AM

LOL My wife uses one of those EXACT same TV's as her monitor.... NO foolin! Her's is 1080P - and her display settings are set for 1920 x 1080 with a 60hz refresh rate.  The TV (as a TV) says its 120hz but I have never been able to "force" it to 120hz on the pc display.  But that's not really a big deal or hasn't been for her, as she only plays slowmo games like sims and second life....  However use your google fu on your exact model just to be sure.

#13 SpaceAce20

SpaceAce20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:39 AM

Ok, I'm taking a break to work on this now. One question: is the only available network in safe mode a wired connection? And if so, would I be able to wire my PC to another computer, because the dorm I live in doesn't support ethernet?

#14 cdwill12

cdwill12

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:42 AM

No you should be able to connect with wireless networking in safe mode as well.

#15 SpaceAce20

SpaceAce20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:44 AM

It's not allowing me to use wireless, but I think that's because the wifi module I have for my PC has another driver that's being suppressed in safe mode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users