Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mail app freezes when attempting to delete mail junk mail.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MolassesMan

MolassesMan

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 28 March 2018 - 09:35 AM

I went to empty my trash folder, and when I clicked on edit, the whole app froze for a few seconds, before the mail all slid over and the dots appeared beside them. This happened again when trying to mark all. I then noticed that the font for my clock at the top of the phone seemed to go a little strange, as if its font changes temporarily.

I then noticed that the font for one of the pieces of junk mail, fidelity life something, was different, clearly some kind of cursive to get the users attention. However, it seemed similar to the font that my clock seemed to change to, and when I just deleted it instead of  trying to delete everything, I could edit and mark all my mail again without an issue.

Has anyone had a similar issue like this? I am not sure if it was actually related to that particular piece of mail, as I never opened it and I could delete it fine individually, but I found it strange so though I would ask here. 

I appreciate any help, thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MolassesMan

MolassesMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:07 AM

Just checked my analytics logs and found this error:

scene-update watchdog transgression: com.apple.mobilemail exhausted real (wall clock) time allowance of 10.00

Hopefully this will shed some light on the situation.

#3 RossTeagan

RossTeagan

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 30 March 2018 - 06:29 AM

Maybe the app is full and it taking a lot of memory.

Try cleaning junk from your email web client (gmail or yahoo) and then it will sync with your phone's email app. In this way, any memory process will not be done of your device but on the email's service servers.

Tech Assistant at UnlockUnit

#4 MolassesMan

MolassesMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:09 AM

Can’t be that, my junk and trash folders are empty, and the amount of mail was far smaller than what I have deleted in the past. Just wondering if the behaviour is a familiar one to anybody.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users