Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Opera 9.02 Loading Blank Page As Home Page

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yampybird

yampybird

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 04 October 2006 - 04:07 PM

Hiya folks

Just a quick question really... How do I stop Opera loading a blank page as the homepage? I have set the home page to Yahoo four times, then re-opened successfully each time, then a bit later on it loads a blank? :thumbsup:

Any suggestions?

Any other hints or tips for opera would be appreciated coz I only installed it today, for a change and coz it has the tabbed feature which is good - for me.

Thanks for looking
Yampybird

You know you're getting on a bit when you have to scroll down to find your birth year on forms or when you have
to put your nose on the screen to
read things clearly

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 05 October 2006 - 05:38 PM

Hiya folks

How do I stop Opera loading a blank page as the homepage? I have set the home page to Yahoo four times, then re-opened successfully each time, then a bit later on it loads a blank? :thumbsup:

Any suggestions?

Are you meaning when you click the "New tab" button?? That it loads a blank page? Or when you open Opera that after a few times it opens with a blank page? If you mean from "New tab" those are always blank.

Any other hints or tips for opera would be appreciated coz I only installed it today, for a change and coz it has the tabbed feature which is good - for me.

Thanks for looking

http://operalover.tntluoma.com/ For tips on how to use Opera. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and look on the right side for the "30 Day Series".

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 yampybird

yampybird
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 06 October 2006 - 02:40 AM

Hi Animal

After a few openings it opens with a blank page, I sussed (eventually) that new tabs would always open blank.

Thanks for the link I shall go and have a look
Yampybird

You know you're getting on a bit when you have to scroll down to find your birth year on forms or when you have
to put your nose on the screen to
read things clearly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users