Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphical problems on windows 8

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lacedscopes

lacedscopes

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:16 PM

Basically i bought this pc about a month ago and its been doing this ever since. Its a graphical video lag as well as moderate sound distortion. Fixable by restarting once or several times. I have booted in to safe mode and this issue does not occur. I have done a clean boot and this issue does occur when disabling all processes that arent microsoft related. Here are my important specs:

CPU: Intel i7 2600k sandy bridge @ 3.4 ghz

GPU: 2GB AMD Radeon 7700 hd series

RAM : 8GB

intel motherboard. liquid cooled and gold power supply.

Basically There are so many fixed I have tried to no avail. At first i though it was a power issue but it indeed was not as nothing else was plugged intoi my surge protector. Ive updated my gpu and cpu drivers and still does not fix. I am using a 720p hdtv . Driver known as bby lcd tv. No updates anywhere for this. Its not like the computer is unusable. Its just slowed down to like 0.75 speed. adn the sound is off. Its all fixed after a few restarts. Then its performance is as it should be for and hour or two and then it goes back to its reduced state. Im really at a loss on what to do here. My disk sometimes does read very high. My cpu and gpu are nowhere near its limit. and the temps for both are excellent . Considering that it works flawless in safe mode i dont see how it would be a hardware issue. Im running windows 8.1 pro on an 225 gb ssd. Also I thought maybe it could be that the ssd in pointed down in the slot due to its small size. but after reinserting it and propping it up it only worked for about an hour and did its usual nonsense. I downloaded windows 8.1 from the microsoft website and then purchased a product key on ebay. This is incredibly annoying and greatly effects my gameplay . My tv is hooked up through hdmi from the gpu

I even turned off all of the fancy visualization features from windows 8.1 just for the hell of it. even though the cpu isnt running anywhere near max capacity. Please help me solve this issue guys lol.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,219 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 28 March 2018 - 04:42 PM

If this is a new computer, only one month old, I would take it back to your suppier as a warranty claim.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 lacedscopes

lacedscopes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 28 March 2018 - 07:13 PM

It is not a new computer. Purchased used about a month ago. The problem is far less worse after turning the power supply to the cpu to high performance in bios. but still occurs occasionally on boot. Still looking for a fix

#4 techiegeek12

techiegeek12

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 01 April 2018 - 10:55 PM

Update your driver 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users