Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Occasionally Reboots

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chonnyman

chonnyman

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2018 - 08:41 PM

Hey guys,

So I've used Prime95 and nothing bad has come up. I've tested my memory, my power supply, hard drive etc... and everything has come back normal. I've been going in my event logs and finding the same thing that pops up when my computer does randomly reboot, but I don't understand it.

Also, it doesn't happen all the time... It's not like the computer is rebooting every second, or on the hour every hour... It's very random. I don't get any blue screens either. In fact, I went three days without a single reboot until just 10 minutes ago. I've also recently updated my video card's drivers.

Here is what my logs have said...

Description:
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 
{6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}
and APPID 
{4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

----------------------

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 
{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
and APPID 
{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
to the user DESKTOP-J3VBV98\chonnyman SID (S-1-5-21-4193057548-2939918827-3588227107-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I'm running Windows 10
I have a AMD FX 8350 Eight Core
16 GB RAM
GeForce GXT 1050 Ti

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 28 March 2018 - 12:34 AM

If you view Reliability History does it show anything?

(Just click Windows start flag and start typing Reliability History straight away,  no need to enter it in search boxes)

#3 chonnyman

chonnyman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2018 - 01:26 AM

If you view Reliability History does it show anything?

(Just click Windows start flag and start typing Reliability History straight away,  no need to enter it in search boxes)

It's showing me basically what my event viewer was saying... that windows stopped working and that windows was not properly shut down. Those are the only critical ones listed.

#4 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 29 March 2018 - 04:39 PM

I usually start with the basics. Check your CPU for overheating, I use CPUid . Test your memory (one stick at a time) using the short test in Memtest 86+.  Then test your hard drive/SSD, there are several good utilities for that.

If still nothing shows up, update your video card drivers.

One of the things to check for with these "phantom" reboots is your front-panel reset button and the power button also. I have had those start to short out and cause shutdowns and spontaneous reboots. Remove the side panel and pull off the cable connecting each button (test one at a time) to the motherboard. Short those two tiny contacts with a screwdriver and the computer should boot up. Let it run for a time and if there are no more reboots you found the problem.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users