Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frequent SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bsod_a_day

bsod_a_day

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:21 PM

System info: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/DYYtdjBt6O1hBVmRDOB7z5S
Sysnative output attached.

Over the past few months many of the computers at my work have started to experience frequent BSOD's (at least once a day). The issue is affecting multiple different models of Dell Latitude laptops (E7450, E7470 and 7480). The attached information is for a Dell Latitude 7480 that is experiencing the crashes. When the crashes were first observed only the E7450 and E7470 models were affected. Near the beginning of February the 7480 model started to experience the crashes also.

The crashes still occur when the laptops are not connected to the corporate network so I don't believe it is related to anything being done on the network. 

I have tried the following which have not resolved the issues:

- Updated all drivers via Dell Command Update utility

- Restored full driver package via Dell Command Update utility

- sfc /scannow (no issues found)

- chkdsk (no issues found)

- dism /online /checkhealth (no issues found)

- built-in Dell BIOS diagnostics (no issues found)

- collected crash dumps (I do not have any for this specific computer yet but will update the thread when it next crashes). (I have 30+ crash dumps from other laptops - almost all of them indicate the "ntoskrnl.exe" as the cause of the issue.)

- enabled driver verifier to force crashes

Any ideas what could be causing multiple computers to BSOD frequently? 

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 05 April 2018 - 10:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,968 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:36 AM

- collected crash dumps (I do not have any for this specific computer yet but will update the thread when it next crashes). (I have 30+ crash dumps from other laptops - almost all of them indicate the "ntoskrnl.exe" as the cause of the issue.)

Can you send me some of those crash dumps?

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users