Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disk Cleanup Not Opening on Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 StefanRS

StefanRS

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:52 PM

Hi everyone, I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Been tweaking everything to my liking and noticed that the Disk Cleanup tool just will not open. I get it to the point shown in this video - https://streamable.com/uyxva . The small loading wheel appears for half a second, then nothing happens. Nothing loads up. Not really sure what to do - thanks.

Should also mention I have tried things like sfc /scannow in the command prompt multiple times with no results. 

Edited by StefanRS, 27 March 2018 - 01:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mason21

Mason21

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 27 March 2018 - 02:51 PM

Try entering Command Prompt (run as administrator) ((type CMD in the search box wait tell you see Command Prompt in light blue appear above your typing, right click on the blue area and "run as administrator")

type :

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
(hit enter and let it run...it takes a little while)
Let us know your results. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users