Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to Import .mbox files into Outlook for Windows?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GreggTaylor

GreggTaylor

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 26 March 2018 - 09:30 PM

I have migrated from mac to windows recently, my area of work requires dealing with a lot of emails from customers, so I have some old archived apple mail .mbox files. I need to open these files in Outlook for windows. How can I import these .mbox files into Windows for Outlook?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 981 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 27 March 2018 - 12:42 AM

How to Import MBOX Files to Outlook 2016, Easy Mode

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/How-to-Import-MBOX-Files-75bb8c19

(I have not tried this myself)

Edited by opera, 27 March 2018 - 12:45 AM.

#3 KennethCoblentz

KennethCoblentz

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:15 PM

Unfortunately, Outlook for Windows cannot import .mbox extension files. If you wish to import these files then first you will have to convert them to a format that Outlook for Windows can import, and in this case its .pst. There are no official or free tools provided for this job, however, there are third-party apps available for .mbox to .pst conversion. One is mentioned in the above link and I am mentioning another in case you need to compare: http://applemailtopst.com/how-to-convert-apple-mail-database-to-pst-directly-on-mac/

I hope this helps. Thanks

#4 GreggTaylor

GreggTaylor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2018 - 07:58 PM

Unfortunately, Outlook for Windows cannot import .mbox extension files. If you wish to import these files then first you will have to convert them to a format that Outlook for Windows can import, and in this case its .pst. There are no official or free tools provided for this job, however, there are third-party apps available for .mbox to .pst conversion. One is mentioned in the above link and I am mentioning another in case you need to compare: http://applemailtopst.com/how-to-convert-apple-mail-database-to-pst-directly-on-mac/

I hope this helps. Thanks

Yeah, that helps a lot. Thanks for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users