Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

java script won't work in chrome, firefox, or edge

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 paw51

paw51

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 26 March 2018 - 02:52 PM

I opened a website for a local store and clicked on "locations" to find the nearest one.  I got a quick glimpse of a map then a message about javascript not working (see below).  I went on a search to find the javascript console only to become confused and lost in the instructions.  But I did find the console and the console screen.  There were lines in bright red so I assumed something was wrong, but I have no idea what this is telling me or how to fix it.  I used Chrome, Edge and Firefox with the same results.  Can someone help me?

12js?callback=__gmap3&key=AIzaSyBQ0hMYHzMOo6rm9T0QXVJ737vPzuJ8HEo:41 InvalidValueError: setIcon: not a string; and no url property; and no path property
_.Ib @ js?callback=__gmap3&key=AIzaSyBQ0hMYHzMOo6rm9T0QXVJ737vPzuJ8HEo:41
5Mixed Content: The page at '<URL>' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure image '<URL>'. This content should also be served over HTTPS.
js?callback=__gmap3&key=AIzaSyBQ0hMYHzMOo6rm9T0QXVJ737vPzuJ8HEo:41 Google Maps API error: DeletedApiProjectMapError https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#deleted-api-project-map-error

_.Ib @ js?callback=__gmap3&key=AIzaSyBQ0hMYHzMOo6rm9T0QXVJ737vPzuJ8HEo:41

Oops! Something went wrong.

This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AmyNess

AmyNess

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 06 August 2018 - 07:37 AM

Hey there,

I've found a nice article about the most popular Google Maps problems and your error is included there. They describe why the code might not work in the browser. One of the solutions might be clearing the cache of the browser but if you had displayed DeletedApiProjectMapError also you could have not enabled your google API project in the developer console because except of generating API key you need to enable special JavaScript API project which actually allows you to code the map.

Cheers.

Edited by AmyNess, 07 August 2018 - 01:13 AM.

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,864 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 07 August 2018 - 06:33 PM

If you leave the link we can try it also?

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users