Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Problems

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 acidburned

acidburned

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 04 October 2006 - 02:33 PM

i have a internal wireless card.a intel pro 2200bg.i changed to wep and it works,but kicks me off after 10min.i can hit the repair button and sometimes works,but still for 10 min.reboot and works for 10 min.sometimes you have to put the key back in.tried to change channel,tried to go back to wpa and i get no connections at all.also its going through a linksys router.tried to call linksys,but they werent much help.im told it might be something with my internal wireless card settings.any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acidburned

acidburned
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2006 - 11:48 PM

hmmmm no ideas!! thnxs.

#3 mrs ed

mrs ed

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2006 - 12:39 AM

hello
#1 make sure the you don't have losse conection
#2 try to do sistem restore to and ealy day before you started having the problem
av-90996.gif

#4 acidburned

acidburned
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2006 - 02:20 PM

could the connection be loose on a internal card? ill try the system restore idea.thnxs mrs ed

#5 acidburned

acidburned
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2006 - 07:58 PM

ok i cant really do a system restore since i had to call tivo to get it hooked up through my linksys and it was a pain.i forgot to mention that i wasnt having this problem till i hooked up the tivo.my laptops settings i have to redo each time i want to log in,and it only last 10 min.any other ideas? oh and ive tried with wpa and not wep and it wont connect at all. thnxs again for any help.

Edited by acidburned, 07 October 2006 - 08:02 PM.

#6 halfbaked

halfbaked

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 08 October 2006 - 03:24 AM

ok i cant really do a system restore since i had to call tivo to get it hooked up through my linksys and it was a pain.i forgot to mention that i wasnt having this problem till i hooked up the tivo.my laptops settings i have to redo each time i want to log in,and it only last 10 min.any other ideas? oh and ive tried with wpa and not wep and it wont connect at all. thnxs again for any help.

Could you post your router information please.

Would you say this kicking you off the network is occuring while another client is trying to access your network?

#7 acidburned

acidburned
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2006 - 03:11 PM

ok its a friends computer and im trying to get them to sign up and log in to this forum,there very noobs and im not good at networking.halfbaked i wouldnt know what other client would be trying to connect except maybe tivo.when i was looking at it,it would connect,then acouple mins later kick me offline.with no reasons.ill keep trying to get them to come here.

#8 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,578 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:04 PM

Which Linksys? get into Linksys router (192.168.1.1), enter user name, enter password, look at the tabs on top, select Administration, then Management, find a place where connection timeout is. Is it about 10minutes? Increase the value.
Will it work on your router? No idea. You didn't say what you use. But Linsksys is fairly consistent in their interface design, so this is the best I can do.

#9 acidburned

acidburned
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:10 PM

thanks tos ill tell my friend to check that.

#10 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,578 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:17 PM

You're welcome and good luck.
In case your friend needs this pointer - to get into the router, just run Internet Explorer. To get the router's login screen, in the address bar just type that 198... number. No slashes. No dashes. No www. Just those 4 segments of the router's web page address.

If TiVo is the culprit, perhaps you'll find references to Linksys router, or any router here
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/

#11 acidburned

acidburned
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:30 PM

that what were not sure of,no problems with the wireless till the tivo was installed.i told them to register here and we can help easier that way.but thnxs tos for the links.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users