What OS (Win XP/2000, etc) are you using? What type of anti-virus are you using and when was the last time you ran a scan? Have you performed any anti-spyware scans? If not, start here:
If your running Win XP/2000, download and scan with AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5
in "SAFE MODE
(This is Ewdio 4.0 renamed. If you already have Ewido installed, please update to this version which has a special "clean driver" for removing persistent malware
). Be sure to print out the AVG Anti-Spyware Install-Scan Instructions
Then perform a scan with F-Secure Online ScannerBe sure to follow the directions on the F-Secure page for proper Installation.
1. Click on the link "F-Secure Online Scanner Next Generation Beta
2. You may receive an alert on the address bar at this point to install the ActiveX control.
3. Click on that alert and then click "Insall ActiveX component
4. Read the license agreement and click "Accept
5. Click "Custom Scan
" and be sure the following are checked:
- Scan whole System
- Scan all files
- Scan whole system for rootkits
- Scan whole system for spyware
- Scan inside archives
- Use advanced heuristics
6. When the scan completes, click the "I want to decide item by item
7. For each item found, Select "Disinfect
" and click "Next
8. When done, click the "Show Report
" button and save it to your desktop.
Post back if your still having problems afterwards.