Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading pc from 2013? ideas

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 milosmarkovicx3

milosmarkovicx3

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2018 - 04:52 PM

I just need advise in upgrading my pc i bought 2013 for new year,i was thiking about buying 240gb ssd but i dont wont to stop there so i need your help guys, to tell me what are best parts for medium buget i can buy and replace old ones like new proccesor and motherboard or even something else. sry for bad english .tnx alot

Current parts installed in my pc::

FM2 AMD Athlon X4 Quad-Core 750K

2x4GB KINGSTON 1600MHz DDR3 HyperX KHX1600C9D3/4G

SATA3 7200 1TB Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003, 64MB

Raidmax BlackStorm 615

'MB FM2+ A88X Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H, PCIe/DDR3/SATA3/GLAN/7.1/USB3

630W Thermaltake Smart SPS-630M Modularno, 14cm fan/80PLUS

AMD Radeon R9 270 Sapphire OC BF4 2GB/GDDR5, DDVI/HDMI/DP/11220-00-25G

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 25 March 2018 - 06:54 PM

Err give it a few more months or so, the GPU market is really bad right now and memory is also very bad.

With hope GPU prices will climb down here soon but memory prices will likely remain high for the remainder of the year.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#3 Joe C

Joe C

• Members
  • 774 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:40 AM

They are predicting that memory prices are finally going to start dropping. I've seen on Newegg that over the past month their have been memory sales for about $20. cheaper than in December for on some DDR4 16gb module sets. Prices are not expected to drop suddenly but the downward trend is supposed to continue through the year

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4148621-5-warning-signs-memory-super-cycle-ending

#4 Joe C

Joe C

• Members
  • 774 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:48 AM

An upgrade for today would consist of a new motherboard, cpu and memory. With the possibility of a GPU and power supply if your into new gaming

If you like AMD then the Ryzen chip won't disappoint you compared to that 750 Athlon chip.

Depends on what you have as a budget as to how fast far you want to go

You can use pc part picker to find the best prices

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

The part I like best about doing a new upgrade is researching and reading unbiased reviews  (unbiased means not deciding what to buy judged from reviews of some place trying to sell you something...They do have a sales agenda)

After much research you can make an informed decision for the best parts for your budget and specific needs

Edited by Joe C, 26 March 2018 - 07:04 AM.

#5 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,017 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2018 - 10:18 AM

The SSD will be a very good thing to do now, you will see an immediate very good boost in speed.  That should hold you until some of the up coming price drops.

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users