Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black Outs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cameron9_

Cameron9_

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 25 March 2018 - 04:49 PM

So my fan spins freakin crazy and the pc shuts down randomly and boots up after and also the pc is kinda sluggish even tho it should run very well!

Specs:

Motherboard:78LMT-USB3

Hard Drive:923gb

Memory: 8 gb total

Power Supply: about 500 volts

Graphics Card: Geforce 1050 ti 4GB

Monitor: HP Pavilion 22cw IPS LED Backlit Monitor

Internet Connection: LAN

(edit): I forgot to mention i have Windows 10 Pro Edition

Edited by Cameron9_, 25 March 2018 - 04:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GeekzwebDOTcom

GeekzwebDOTcom

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 25 March 2018 - 05:41 PM

I would suggest trying another power supply before doing anything drastic.  Do you know someone who has a spare power supply laying around that you could test with?  If not, I would look for a decent power supply online.  It could be that the power supply is toast and unable to regulate the power properly.  You might also have some corruption in the OS.  You might want to try running a live Linux OS and see if you have the same problem.  If not, then it might not hurt to reload the PC.  

#3 Cameron9_

Cameron9_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 31 March 2018 - 12:13 AM

I think I solved it! Turns out windows had the setting of shutting down every 15 minutes and my pc is a desktop so I don’t need that now and now it won’t shut down randomly again

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,953 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 31 March 2018 - 04:12 PM

Glad to hear your problem has been resolved, Cameron! :thumbup2:

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users