Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Restarts While Playing Games

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Spewky

Spewky

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 25 March 2018 - 03:08 PM

I bought my new PC about 5 months ago, and 2 months after I bought it, I would be playing any game and the PC would just restart without warning or anything. The screen just turns black. I have sent in and replaced my motherboard, GPU, CPU, power supply, CPU cooler, RAM, hard drive, power strip, everything except my case. Here is a brief list of my parts: Intel Core i7 7700k 1151 LGA Kaby Lake @4.20GHz MSI Z270-A PRO G.Skill Ripjaws V x2 8GB DDR4 4100MHz RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (also tested with AMD Radeon R9 270) Corsair 600w Power Supply (also tested with EVGA 500w PSU) NZXT S340 Corsair Hydro H100i v2 (also tested with Hyper 212 Evo)

The PC restarts about 30 minutes after I start a game, so it seems like a overheating problem, but I don't know.
I have replaced everything that could be a bad product, but it still happens. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GeekzwebDOTcom

GeekzwebDOTcom

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 25 March 2018 - 05:50 PM

Well, I would have thought it might be the GPU, but it seems you have rules that out.  When I say GPU, I am also referring to power for the GPU.  If the draw is too much for the power supply, it could cause the GPU to crap out.  One thing I would check is to see if there is something in the case that is keeping the GPU fan(s) from spinning.  I have seen a power cable or twist tie sit in just the right position that the fan would not turn.  If you don't look carefully when you open the case, you might never see it.  Also, leave your case open and play a game.  Have someone watch the fans.  See if they ever cut off.  You might see something interesting that way.

#3 Spewky

Spewky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 25 March 2018 - 06:48 PM

So I have come to the conclusion that it is my GPU. I ran two individual tests, GPU and CPU, and while running the GPU it shut off after 8 minutes. The CPU test has been going on for an hour without anything happening.

The strange thing about this is that it happens with both of my graphics cards? And when I put the GTX 1060 in my old PC, it doesn't shut off. It seems like an incompatibility with any GPU and Motherboard. I don't know what to do.

I have replaced my motherboard so I'm clueless at this point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users