Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power supply causing computer to restart/crash? No BSOD.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kkody2

Kkody2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 25 March 2018 - 02:58 PM

For the past few months, my custom built PC has been randomly restarting almost once daily. On a previous thread on a different website, someone helped me diagnose a mini dump file and apparently it is due to a "hardware failure."
I believe it is possibly my power supply because I have done RAM tests, nothing. My CPU seems to be running completely fine. My graphics card doesn't overheat or anything. So I believe it is either the power supply or the OS. 
My computer crashes at the most random times, either under hardly any loads, and even sometimes under slight load. No blue screen, just turns black and instantly boots into the bios like normal.
I have a second power supply, however, I do not want to use it as it is not trustworthy at all - "Kentek 750w." I don't even trust using it to test if its my corsair psu or not at fault.

My current PSU is Corsair CX600. 
Motherboard Gigabyte 78lmtUSB3
CPU AMD FX-6300
1x8gb ddr3 corsair vengeance RAM
Windows 10 Pro on SSD along with 2 HDDs

Is there any way to diagnose the PSU? Or should I reinstall Windows?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2018 - 03:04 PM

If it's a bad PSU reinstalling Windows won't help. If you provide the info asked for in the stickies we can try to help. https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

#3 Kkody2

Kkody2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2018 - 03:22 PM

System Manufacturer -

Custom Built

Motherboard- Gigabyte 78lmt-USB3

CPU - AMD FX-6300

RAM - Corsair Vengeance 1x8gb DDR3

GPU - Gigabyte 1050 ti

PSU - Corsair CX600

SSD - SanDisk 240gb

HDD - WD 1TB 5200rpm & WD 320gb 7200rpm

OS - 

Windows 10 Professional 

Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.309)

x64 64-bit

Originally Windows 7 Professional, Upgraded to Windows 10 Professional during the free period.

OEM version

About 1.5 years old overall.

Desktop

Edited by Kkody2, 25 March 2018 - 03:32 PM.

#4 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2018 - 03:45 PM

What we need is a Sysnative report and a Speccy report. These give us a look at hardware and software problems. The Specs were important too. Here is instructions on how to post the Speccy report.

list][*]Please download Speccy System Information Tool and save it to somewhere convenient such as your desktop.
• [*]Close any programs that may be running including your browser and double click Speccy.exe to run the tool.
• [*]Watch out for any offers to install other programs such as google chrome and untick the box(es) if you don't want them.
• [*]Speccy will very quickly scan your pc and create a report.
• [*]Top left of screen click file and select Publish Snapshot...
• [*]Click Yes to proceed.
• [*]Copy the URL to your clipboard and paste it into your next reply.[/list]

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:38 AM

Just my 2¢, but dc3 posted this excellent PSU troubleshooting post:  https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/654994/pc-is-crashingfreezing-up-multiple-times-daily/page-2#entry4341756

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users