Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot disable DirectPdMapping on PERC H310

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JReich

JReich

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 25 March 2018 - 02:53 PM

Hey all,

I am having a bit of a glitch for which I hope you may have some ideas. I'm currently running in this setup a PowerEdge R710 running Windows Server 2016.

Inside of the system is the standard PERC6/i which is working fine. I have added to the system in addition to the integrated controller a PERC H310 Adapter. The system recognizes the adapter. It can also see all of the HD plugged into the enclosure through the rackable. Although, they are in LINUX so unconfigurable right now. 

But that is not my problem. The problem is I cannot boot the system up with the enclosure turned on as I continue to get an error indicating that the enclosure does not support Direct PD Mapping.

(Controller 0) I have successfully disabled DirectPDMapping on the PERC6/i
(Controller 1) I cannot get it to disable on the H310 despite numerous attempts using different methods.

- When attempting to disable this function via perccli or perccli64:
1, Failed Directpdmapping, -, Directpdmapping failed for set cmd, 3

- When attempting to disable this function via StorCLI:
Cannot locate either of the controllers on the PC

- When attempting to disable this function via MegaCli:
It like the perccli lets me adjust the value on C0, but fails when attempting to adjust value on C1

Upgraded the BIOS on the computer. I have attempted to upgrade the firmware on the H310 controller but every attempt has failed due to a system configuration mismatch, thus far. 

All attempts above were done in the administrative CMD.

Thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JReich

JReich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:15 PM

Does anyone have any thoughts?

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:44 AM

The only information I have found is the other post you made on the Dell support forums and a post concerning an H700 and referring to the Back plane connector. What model storage unit do you have?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users